Crock Pot Pulled Pork
This easy Crock Pot pulled pork simmers with a perfect blend of ingredients and your favorite BBQ sauce until it falls apart by the touch of a fork!
Be sure to try my Crock Pot Pork Roast and Gravy recipe next!
Do you know how magical it is to come home at the end of the day to the smell of slow-cooked pork? Pork that falls apart just by looking at it? Pork that you could wolf down right out of the crock pot if you didn’t have to behave like a semi-normal person in front of your family?
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Ingredients
- Pork Shoulder– A Boston Butt is the best cut for this recipe.
- Chicken Broth– Homemade is always best!
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chili Powder
- Light Brown Sugar
- Barbecue Sauce
- Liquid Smoke- Optional
- Mustard Powder
- Vegetable Oil
Best Cuts of Pork for Pulled Pork
–Pork Shoulder is the best cut for a melt-in-your-mouth consistency that falls apart easily after being slow cooked. Specifically, the Boston Butt Roast is the part of the shoulder that you’ll want to look for.
How to Make Pulled Pork
–Low and slow is the best way to cook pulled pork, and your slow cooker will do the job perfectly in just 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
-The combination of ingredients that you use is very forgiving. Liquid smoke adds a hint of smoky flavor but is also optional. Your favorite barbecue sauce will also add a ton of flavor.
My Favorite Crock Pot
This is the Crock Pot that I have, I love that you can sear meat right on the stove-top with it.
It also automatically switches to warm once the cooking time is up, which is hugely convenient when you’re out of the house.
👉Check out my other Crock Pot recipes here!
What To Serve with Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes
- The Pioneer Woman’s Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Grilled Rosemary Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Green Beans, Broccoli, Carrots, or Brussels Sprouts
Try These Next!
- Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
- Ina Garten’s Roast Chicken
- French Onion Smothered Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- Taco Casserole
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 lb. boneless pork shoulder, (Cut: Boston Butt Roast)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- Place the vegetable oil on the bottom of the crock pot and add the pork.
- Combine all crock pot ingredients in a large bowl and pour it over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5.
- Remove some of the liquid from the crock pot if desired and use two forks to pull the pork apart. Cover and set to warm until ready to serve.