This super-flavorful roasted broccoli requires nothing more than some olive oil and simple seasonings! Pair this with a delicious meal or enjoy it with some cheese sauce or on its own for a super healthy snack.
This is officially my favorite way to enjoy broccoli, I pop these suckers like candy!
I’ve been known to get up in the middle of the night and grab a little midnight snack while I’m half asleep…it’s never a good thing and I usually reach for something bad, but the other day I actually went for some leftover roasted broccoli! Is that not insane?! That’s how good this is!
So let’s get into the simple mechanics of this, shall we? (And while you’re at it, you should definitely whip up some easy homemade cheese sauce.)
What Temperature to Roast Broccoli
I find 400 degrees to be the sweet spot when I roast broccoli. Some recipes may call for higher temperatures and ovens do vary but you want to be sure not to burn it.
Give Them Space
Be sure not to overlap the broccoli and give them plenty of room to breathe on the baking sheet, otherwise they will steam instead of roast. (Even I’m pushing it here with all of the broccoli that I have up there.)
If Using Darker Baking Sheets
Darker baking sheets cook faster, especially on the outside. You might want to rearrange the broccoli halfway through to help with even cooking.
This means putting the ones on the outside in the middle, and vice versa.
Cooked broccoli should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can last for 3-5 days.
Reheating Roasted Broccoli
To reheat roasted broccoli, you can simply lay them back on a baking sheet and reheat them in a 400 degree oven until just heated through, about 5 minutes.
This allows you to obtain the same crisp consistency as when they were first baked.
Ways to use Roasted Broccoli
This Roasted Broccoli and White Cheddar Soup is definitely my favorite way to enjoy roasted broccoli.
I also love dipping it in easy homemade cheese sauce!
Try These Next
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
Easy Roasted Broccoli
- 1 bunch broccoli, about 1.5 lbs.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the broccoli and pat it completely dry.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and space the pieces out onto baking sheets. Note: Don't overlap them, give them space so that they sufficiently roast and get crisp around the edges.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the broccoli and use your hands to toss and coat. You want just enough to lightly cover the broccoli.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or so, until your desired color is achieved. Toss the broccoli around halfway through for even cooking on each side.
- Remove from the oven and serve!