Savory chilled noodles smothered in a flavorful peanut sauce and topped with green onions and chopped peanuts. A perfect group side dish or meatless lunch!
Do you know what the best thing is about this giant glass bowl of peanut noodle heaven? It’s all mine. (My husband doesn’t go for peanut sauce.)
About this Peanut Sauce Recipe:
- I’ve tried several different peanut sauce recipes, but I always seem to go back to this one. There are so many out there that call for a ton of ingredients but I think it’s the simplicity of this one that keeps me coming back.
- This peanut sauce is also an excellent marinade for grilled chicken! Stick the chicken on a skewer, grill it, and you have chicken satay!
- Two of my favorite dinner recipes to make this sauce are chicken noodle stir fry and chicken noodle stir fry.
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Sriracha Sauce- optional, adds a little heat
Noodles + Add-Ons
- Baby Carrots
- Salted Peanuts
- Peanut Oil
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
How to Make it
- Combine peanut sauce ingredients in a large bowl along with the carrots and half of the peanuts.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add to bowl of peanut sauce and use kitchen tongs and toss to coat. Sauce will thicken upon sitting and the noodles will continue to absorb the sauce.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drizzle with peanut oil to loosen up the noodles prior to serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, top with remaining peanuts, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Try These Next
Get My Free Meal Plan
Cold Peanut Noodles
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce,, (omit if you don't like heat)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic,, minced
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup baby carrots,, julienned
- ¾ cup salted peanuts,, roughly chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/8 cup peanut oil
- 4 green onions,, diced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, , to garnish
- Combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated. Add all of the carrots and half of the peanuts. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and rinse with cool water. Add it to the large bowl of peanut sauce and use tongs to toss and coat the pasta, the peanut sauce will thicken in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the noodles from the fridge and drizzle them with peanut oil. Use tongs to toss the noodles loosen them up a bit. Transfer them to a glass serving bowl and top with diced green onions, remaining chopped peanuts, and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!