Savory chilled noodles smothered in a flavorful peanut sauce and topped with green onions and chopped peanuts. A perfect group side dish or meatless lunch!
Do you know what the best thing is about this giant glass bowl of peanut noodle heaven? It’s all mine. (My husband doesn’t go for peanut sauce.)
About this Peanut Sauce Recipe:
- I’ve tried several different peanut sauce recipes, but I always seem to go back to this one. There are so many out there that call for a ton of ingredients but I think it’s the simplicity of this one that keeps me coming back.
- This peanut sauce is also an excellent marinade for grilled chicken! Stick the chicken on a skewer, grill it, and you have chicken satay!
- Two of my favorite dinner recipes to make this sauce are chicken noodle stir fry and chicken noodle stir fry.
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Sriracha Sauce- optional, adds a little heat
Noodles + Add-Ons
- Baby Carrots
- Salted Peanuts
- Peanut Oil
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
How to Make it
- Combine peanut sauce ingredients in a large bowl along with the carrots and half of the peanuts.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add to bowl of peanut sauce and use kitchen tongs and toss to coat. Sauce will thicken upon sitting and the noodles will continue to absorb the sauce.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drizzle with peanut oil to loosen up the noodles prior to serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, top with remaining peanuts, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Try These Next
Get My Free Meal Plan
I’ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my super popular recipes (complete with grocery list)! Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes!
And follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Cold Peanut Noodles
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce,, (omit if you don't like heat)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic,, minced
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup baby carrots,, julienned
- ¾ cup salted peanuts,, roughly chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/8 cup peanut oil
- 4 green onions,, diced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, , to garnish
- Combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated. Add all of the carrots and half of the peanuts. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and rinse with cool water. Add it to the large bowl of peanut sauce and use tongs to toss and coat the pasta, the peanut sauce will thicken in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the noodles from the fridge and drizzle them with peanut oil. Use tongs to toss the noodles loosen them up a bit. Transfer them to a glass serving bowl and top with diced green onions, remaining chopped peanuts, and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
I was just wondering how long this last in the fridge abd would it be a bad idea to freeze it?
Hi Chantelle, I usually recommend 3 days of refrigerator storage. I haven’t tried freezing this but I think it would be okay!
Tasty and easy! I added 1/4 roughly chopped cilantro, the juice of half a lime, and half a large red bell pepper, chopped. I don’t think it needs 4 hours to chill — the sauce thickened up just fine after only 2 hours. That said, I ran cold water for a while over the noodles before adding to the sauce.
I’m so happy you liked it Amanda, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!😃
Very good. I made exactly. It’s more of a personal taste thing- I will make again but cut down on the peanut butter. Otherwise, excellent.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it Sarah!! 🙂 Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! -Stephanie
Can I use rice noodles instead??
I haven’t tried it but I think that would work just fine!!
Do you have the nutritional breakdown?
I do now Dara, sorry about that, they weren’t there before. You can find them below the recipe card, right underneath the notes 🙂
Thanks so much! Can’t wait to try them 😊
Can you substitute sesame oil for the peanut oil?
You absolutely can! 🙂
I love this dish so much! I used chunky peanut butter instead of smooth. Substituted a couple shakes of dried Chyanne pepper instead of Sriracha, and added a little fresh cilantro.
Hi Heather! I’m so happy that you enjoyed this recipe, I have used chunky peanut butter in a pinch too, and it works just fine as you said! Thank you so much for taking the time to come here and leave a review. ❤️ I really appreciate it!
Can I use a different oil instead of peanut oil?
Hi Deanna, yes- olive oil would work as well.
Very yummy! I wonder what would be a great dish to serve with it?!
Hey Donna! I think these Chinese Chicken Fingers would go really well with it! Or maybe some Chicken Milanese! I’d be a great side dish with these easy PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps too! 🙂 Enjoy! -Stephanie PS- These Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps would work well too!
Quick, simple, and delish! Thanks for sharing!
I’m so happy to hear it MaryLou! Thank you for taking the time to let me know how you liked it! Im a sucker for peanut sauce!