Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Sauteed chicken and vegetables in a creamy peanut sauce over beds of fresh lettuce and topped with crunchy peanuts.
I officially have this peanut sauce recipe memorized, which is pretty impressive, given the serious case of “mom-brain” that I’ve developed over the past year. Example: Yesterday, as I was talking to my husband, I left the room, shut the lights off and closed the door. I was officially on to the next task. I wish I could say that this surprised him but it’s unfortunately not the first (or the last) time that I’ve shut him in the dark like that. This time I just happened to be in mid-conversation. I’m telling you. Mom brain.
So anyway, this is the third recipe that I’ve conjured up using this peanut sauce because, well, I’m obsessed. First, there was the Ramen Noodle Chicken Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce. Delish. Then there was Chicken Noodle Stir Fry in Peanut Sauce. Holy moly. And now… these bangin’ Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I can’t get enough. We have a ton of lettuce in our garden so I can pretty much guarantee that I’ll be eating these all summer long. (What a hard life.) What’s even better is that my husband isn’t a big peanut sauce guy, so I never have to share;) (Mwahaha.)
By the way, who doesn’t like peanut sauce!? Come on!
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce omit if you don't like heat
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 medium-sized boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion strings
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced into strings
- ½ cup baby carrots julienned
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves washed and patted dry
- 1/2 unsalted peanuts roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chives diced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley roughly chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Lightly salt/pepper the chicken and add it to the heated pan along with the onions, bell pepper, and carrots. Sautee for about 5-7 minutes, until the chicken begins to brown slightly on the outside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the peanut sauce ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to stir the ingredients around until the peanut sauce is well-combined and heated through.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spoon the chicken over the lettuce wraps. Top with peanuts, parsley, and chives and eat up!