Waffle Iron Omelettes
These waffle iron omelettes are the fluffiest eggs you’ll ever make- and they’re ready in just minutes! Much much more fun than your typical omelette.
Sooooo, I got a waffle iron, but I didn’t really get it to make waffles. I got it to make cool looking waffle iron grilled cheese –which was a success, by the way. The waffle iron wasn’t expensive, but I still have to justify it by using this mechanism more than once. The thing is, I’m just not ready to use it for its intended purpose yet. Where’s the fun in that?
Luckily, sitting in an air conditioned office all day gives me plenty of time to conjure up ideas on what to make when I get home. The problem is, I forget about the fact that it’s steaming hot outside. Just as I venture out to the store to get what I need, the hot sun hits me hard and I realize that making boiling hot dip in a cast iron skillet in a 400 degree oven is much less appealing than it was a second ago. Hmph.
Okay, so back to the waffle iron omelettes…
Well it definitely solved my no-oven usage issue. And breakfast for dinner is fun, so why not whip up an omelette in the waffle iron?! Would that work? — YES. The answer to that is YES. These were, shockingly, the most fluffy, delicious eggs ever. The key is to cook on low heat and for just a few minutes.
The filling options for these omelettes are endless.
You can add Onions, Peppers, Pepperoni, Black Olives, Sausage, Tomatoes, Bacon, Pulled Pork, various Cheeses… the list never ends I tell you.
You should also try these recipes!
Join my free recipe email list! (You’ll get just one weekly email with my latest recipes)
Waffle Iron Omelettes
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sausage link, cooked and diced
- 1 Tablespoon bell pepper, dcied
- 1 Tablespoon yellow onion, diced
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Coat top and bottom of the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and preheat- (I kept mine on the "min" setting, this left the eggs light and fluffy!)
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs and add the additional filling ingredients. Whisk vigorously, incorporating as much air as possible as you do so. Immediately add them to the waffle iron.
- Check on eggs after 2 minutes, cook for 1 additional minute if needed.
- Shut off heat and remove carefully with a fork. Garnish with chives or green onions if desired and enjoy!