Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese
HELL-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOLRD! This is the longest I think I’ve ever gone without blogging since I first started 8 months ago—it’s been the busiest summer EVERRR. (In the most awesome way possible.) This summer’s been full of weddings, birthdays, cookouts, visits from out-of-towners, and just plain fun. Oh… and playing with Toby, my little side kick 😉 (In that last pic below he’s totally saying, “MA! No more pictures, please!”
So now getting to these awesome Waffles…. I actually bought a Waffle Iron yesterday SOLELY for the purpose of making these. Not even to make waffles, (those I will make those soon enough…) but nope.. first it had to be the Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese. And I’m realllllly glad that these didn’t disappoint, I mean, I kinda had a lot riding on them. I can’t wait to make these again, they’re even a fun finger food at parties I would imagine. And I bet kids would eat these UP. Wahoo!
And now a question for you. Are you willing to be bold and try something? For me?! Can you??… Please just TRY dipping these in a little bit of syrup. Like waffle/pancake syrup. Now this request actually isn’t because these sandwiches are waffle-inspired. As a kid, I ALWAYS dipped my grilled cheese in syrup and I still do! It’s AWESOME! I don’t know who thought of it. My sister maybe?…(Danielle? Did you?)… well it’s a genius combo, pleaseeee give it a go!
So now getting to these awesome Waffles…. I actually bought a Waffle Iron yesterday SOLELY for the purpose of making these. Not even to make waffles.
- 2 pieces bread preferably white or wheat
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 slices American cheese or 3 for extra cheesy goodness!
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Spread butter/margarine evenly over one side of each bread slice. Lay one of the slices on the waffle iron, buttered side down. Top the non-buttered slice with cheese, and top with remaining bread slice, with the buttered side up.
- Close the waffle iron- at first you may not be able to close it all the way. Wait for the bread to heat up a bit, then close fully. Cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Shut waffle Iron off, and remove grilled cheese when cool enough to handle. Enjoy!