Turkey and White Bean Spinach Soup
Ground Turkey simmered in savory chicken broth with white beans, spinach, and simple seasonings. A healthy, protein-packed meal that will leave you feeling comforted and satisfied!
Be sure to try my easy Egg Drop Soup recipe next!
This soup is so perfect for Fall and Winter, and easy to double and freeze for an easy, protein-packed lunch.
Nothing beats the convenience of some thoughtful meal prep, my freezer is loaded with my favorite soups for the upcoming chilly season, and I couldn’t be happier about it.
Using Homemade Chicken Stock
Whenever you make homemade soup, I highly suggest using homemade chicken stock. I promise, your cooking will taste ten times better.
Remember that you can always freeze leftover chicken carcass/meat and make chicken stock on a day when you have time! No defrosting necessary!
This soup is excellent for freezing since it doesn’t contain a creamy broth.
Feel free to toss in some fresh kale, green beans, or Bok Choy (Asian cabbage), instead of spinach if preferred.
Ground Turkey Substitutes
Ground beef or sausage are also similar meats that are great in this soup. You can even do a combination of several meats.
For ultimate convenience, you could dice up a rotisserie chicken as well.
Try These Next!
- Split Pea Soup (my mom’s recipe, check out the reviews!)
- Ham and Bean Soup (Stove Top, Slow Cooker, or Instant Pot!)
- Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- more soup recipes
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 15.5 oz. Cannellini Beans drained/rinsed
- ¼ cup Parmesan shaved, to garnish
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a light boil.
- Season the raw turkey with desired amounts of salt and pepper. Drop them into the broth in bite-sized pieces. You can roll them neatly or just drop in pieces.
- Add in the lemon juice and thyme, and let the soup bubble gently for about 15 minutes
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. When you’re ready to serve, add the spinach and Cannellini beans and simmer until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Top each bowl with Parmesan cheese if desired and serve! (This soup is delicious with crusty bread!)