Overnight Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole
This easy make-ahead Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole can be prepared up to 3 days ahead of time! It’s made with sausage, tator tots or hash browns, a delicious 3-cheese combo, and more!
Be sure to try my make-ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches next!
Everyone loves a good ol’ everything bagel (they’re the second most popular after plain) but when you throw it into a casserole with a loaded egg scramble and three cheeses, it becomes breakfast heaven.
Making this ahead of time is the best part; you wake up with that craving for a bagel and some eggs, and all you have to do is pop the casserole in the oven, grab a cup of coffee, and relax.
Ingredients for this Breakfast Casserole
- Everything Bagels– (Any kind of bagel will work). Fresh, lightly toasted bagels have the best flavor and texture.
- Tator Tots– Frozen hash browns, (shredded or diced), also work!
- Sausage- Other Options include turkey sausage or cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Half and Half- Heavy cream may also be used. (Milk can as well, but won’t be as creamy.)
- Bell Peppers- Onions may also be added
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Cayenne Pepper- Optional
- Green Onions- Chives would work as well.
Additional Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
In addition to the bell peppers and sausage, you can also incorporate these ingredients:
- Sautéed or caramelized onions, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Other cheese options include pepper jack, Swiss, gouda, and mozzarella.
How Long Can You Refrigerate Uncooked Breakfast Casserole
- This uncooked breakfast casserole can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2-3 days prior to baking.
Freezing Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast casserole can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, allow it to defrost in the fridge overnight and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, covered.
Storing Leftover Breakfast Casserole
If you don’t plan to freeze the leftovers, they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Try These Next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you. 😊
Did You Make This Recipe?
I would love for you to leave a rating and a comment below! How’d you do?!
This easy make-ahead breakfast is loaded with delicious bites of everything bagels baked in a flavorful egg scramble with sausage, peppers, and a three-cheese combination.
- 6 everything bagels lightly toasted
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan shredded
- 1 cup grated cheddar divided
- 8 oz. cooked sausage links diced
- ½ bell pepper diced
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup tater tots
- Green Onions to garnish
- Break the bagels into bite-sized pieces and place into a buttered 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs. Add the half and half, mustard, cayenne pepper, and salt/pepper. Whisk briskly for 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bagel pieces, try to cover each one.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and ½ cup cheddar cheese to the casserole dish. Use a spoon to gently toss the casserole mixture.
- Cut the cream cheese into 14 squares.
- Distribute the top of the casserole with the cream cheese, sausage, bell peppers, and tator tots.
- Top with the remaining half of cheddar cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. The longer it sits, the better/moister it will be.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with coffee and enjoy!
*Lightly toasted bagels are able to absorb the custard much better, but still have all of the flavor that fresh bagels have. Stale bagels can also be used but I prefer fresh and toasted!