Crock Pot Pork Roast and Gravy
This easy Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe needs just a few ingredients, and the gravy is amazing! Customize it with potatoes and your favorite vegetables!
I’m such a sucker for sales. This three-pound pork shoulder was on sale at the store, and I just had to buy it. That pretty much meant that me, my husband, and my two-year-old would each need to eat a pound of pork. 🤔
…Sounds reasonable, right? Luckily, you can freeze leftovers. But first, the ingredients for this recipe:
Ingredients for Crock Pot Pork Roast
- Pork Shoulder (Boston Butt is the best cut)
- Cream of Chicken Soup– Click for my homemade version!
- Cream of Mushroom Soup– Click for my homemade version!
- Pork Gravy Mix
- Yellow Onion
Pork Seasoning (My Grandmother’s Recipe!)
Freezing Cooked Pork
–You can freeze cooked pork for 2-3 months. Using it later for soups and stews is a great way to avoid wasting it.
I am all about making the most out of a dollar, so this ended up being a remarkable deal.
Best Cuts of Pork for Slow Cooking
-Pork shoulders are the best for slow cooking. They have a higher fat content that breaks down during the cooking process, leaving you with an incredibly tender, melt-in-your-mouth consistency.
–The Pork belly and cheek also work well in the slow cooker.
-If you can’t find a whole pork shoulder at the grocery store, a Boston Butt is the next best choice, which is half of the shoulder. The other half of the shoulder is called the picnic shoulder.
How Long do you Cook Pork in the Slow Cooker
-A 3 lb. pork shoulder takes approximately 5 hours to cook on high, and about 8 hours on low. The pork is done when it can fall apart with just the touch of a fork.
My Favorite Crock Pot
This is the Crock Pot that I have, I love that you can sear meat right on the stove-top with it.
It also automatically switches to warm once the cooking time is up, which is hugely convenient when you’re out of the house.
What to Serve with Roast Pork
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Green Beans, Broccoli, Carrots, or Brussels Sprouts
- The Pioneer Woman’s Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole
Try These Recipes Next
Get My Free Meal Plan
Crock Pot Pork Roast with Gravy
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp sage
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Mix the soups and gravy mix together in the slow cooker.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels and press seasoning mix firmly onto the surface of the pork.
- Add the pork to the slow cooker along with the carrots and sliced onions.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or on high for 5.
- Serve with potatoes and enjoy!
- You can also use a packet of onion soup mix instead of pork gravy mix.
- Additionally, 2 cans of cream of chicken may be used instead of cream of mushroom, (or vice versa).
- My slow cooker is a 6 quart and works well for this recipe.
- I add 2 cups of frozen green beans for the remaining 30 minutes of cooking.