Crock Pot Egg Scramble
This crock pot egg scramble makes busy mornings easy! With little effort, you’ll be eating light and fluffy eggs loaded with cheese and your favorite breakfast additions! There is even an easy way to prep the night before so you can set it and forget it the next morning!
Ahhh… gone are the days of casually making breakfast on weekends and holidays as I casually sip coffee and plan my day. These days I find myself with a crazy toddler reaching up for her high chair as she repeats “Dinner! Dinner!” 65 times in a row.
“No Taylor, it’s ‘Breakfast’ time.” 😙
Anyway, once in awhile I prefer to prep the scrambled eggs the night before, dump them in the crock pot as soon as I wake up, and let the crock pot cook them slowly while I do other things. I refuse to cook scrambled eggs any other way than low and slow because they come out twenty times better than if I rush through them. My two year old will eat three eggs because they come out so amazing when done right.
Best cheese for scrambled eggs:
Cheeses such as Monterey Jack or low-moisture mozzarella do well in egg scrambles because they melt well. Hand grating cheeses tends to produce better results than packaged grated cheese does.
How to prep scrambled eggs the night before:
To cut down on prep time, whisk the eggs the night before and cover them with plastic wrap. You can also grate the cheese to cut down on time. Then you can set it and forget it the next morning.
How to get extra fluffy scrambled eggs:
-Whisk the eggs immediately before they begin to cook, and ensure that they are whisked until they are completely uniform in color. This adds more air into the eggs which makes them fluffier and ensures that they cook evenly.
More breakfast ideas!
- Waffle Iron Hash Browns
- Mexican Egg Scramble
- Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet
- French Toast Sausage Roll-ups
- Copycat IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes
So now that we’ve bonded over breakfast, so I think it’s only right that you join my free email list to get a weekly email with my latest recipes. 😊 I’d actually appreciate if you full-on stalked me. Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, I’m everywhere.
This crock pot egg scramble makes busy mornings easy! With little effort, you'll be eating light, fluffy eggs loaded with cheese and your favorite breakfast additions!
- 12 eggs
- 1 28 oz. bag frozen potatoes O’Brien I prefer Ore Ida brand
- 16 oz. Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend shredded
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp chives diced
- Coat the bottom of the crock pot with cooking spray and add the frozen potatoes.
Add 1/4 of the grated cheese to the top of the potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl until they are completely uniform in color. Whisk in the heavy cream and add it to the crock pot.
- Top with remaining cheese, keeping the cheese about ½ inch away from the sides to prevent them from browning too much.
Cook on low for 5-8 hours.*
It’s ready once the top begins to brown slightly. Top with freshly diced chives and serve!
- Crock pots vary in terms of temperature, so bare this in mind when trying this recipe for the first time and adjust cooking time as needed.
- Additional breakfast additions such as diced bell peppers, onions, and diced/cooked sausage can also be added to the egg mixture prior to pouring it into the Crock Pot.