Cheeseburger Salad with Big Mac Dressing
A mouth-watering cheeseburger served over a bed of fresh lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and bacon. All drizzled with easy homemade Big Mac Dressing.
I’ve just learned of the power I posses when texting food pictures to hungry friends. It was a Friday night and I was showing off this lovely creation of mine on a group text with some (apparently very hungry) ladies. Whew boy, I was AMAZED at the response… several of them chimed in immediately- one of them literally started making it that very minute, and in fact, in less than an hour, this was the next picture to come through:
She polished that sucker off in record speed! So naturally I felt compelled to text another meal idea for the weekend, (My Pan Fried Pork Chops in White Wine Sauce with Spinach and Beans recipe to be precise!
I love experimenting with food, this was my first time having a cheeseburger on a salad and it absolutely won’t be my last. I had to talk the idea through with my husband first to make sure the idea wasn’t too out there… but we agreed that if a Taco Salad is a thing, then this should be too!
(Ps: Pickles in salad is awesome. Don’t even think about knocking it ’till you try it.)- Oh, and d the bacon in this salad is an absolute must. Welp, toodles!
- 1+1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small roma tomato, sliced in half and each half into fourths
- 2 dill pickles spears, diced
- 3 strips of crispy bacon, fried & diced
- ¼ cup red onion strings
- 6 oz. ground beef (specifically, ground chuck is the best for burgers, 80% fat)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 slice yellow American Cheese
- Big Mac Dressing!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients together and refrigerate in a covered container, (the longer it sits in the fridge, the better, so that the flavors can combined.)
- Assemble the salad ingredients on a plate and place in the fridge.
- Season the ground meat with salt and pepper and shape into a flat patty.
- Cook the burger in a skillet for about 5 minutes on the first side, flip and place the cheese on top. Heat for another 5 minutes on the second side.
- Remove the burger from the pan and place onto a cutting board. Slice it into strips and place it in the middle of the chilled salad.
- Drizzle 1-2 Tablespoons of dressing over the salad and serve!
For my latest Cozy Creations, Giveaways, and more, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Instagram! And signup to receive my latest recipes right to your inbox…it’s free 😀
Big Mac Dressing Source: Top Secret Recipes
*This post may contain affiliate links