No Bake Oreo Delight
This decadent no-bake Oreo Delight has four irresistible layers that begin with an Oreo crust, a sweet cream cheese mixture, chocolate pudding, and Cool Whip! It’s easy to throw together and can even be frozen for future use!
I fell in love with this recipe years ago, and first published it in March 2015. I decided it needed a revamp this year, the world needs to be reminded of this amazing dessert.
If I’m in charge of bringing dessert, this is 100% what I will bring every time. It’s impossible to mess up and everyone absolutely loves it.
Not to mention, you can FREEZE this! When you’re ready to serve it, let it defrost in the fridge overnight. It’s a miracle! I am going to brag about this fact this several times throughout the post, just so ya know. 😉
How to Make Oreo Crust
- Creating an Oreo crust begins by crushing Oreo cookies (Double Stuf or Regular) in a food processor.
👉This is the mini food processor that I have. I like it because it doesn’t take up a lot of space, although it does require me to process things in batches.
- The Oreo crumbs are then combined with melted butter and pressed onto the bottom of a casserole dish/baking pan.
- Let it set for a few minutes and you are good to go!
Creating a Smooth Cream Cheese Mixture
- Room temperature cream cheese is absolutely necessary if you are looking for a smooth consistency when you mix it with other ingredients. This goes for all desserts, cheesecake included.
- The cream cheese should be mixed on its own prior to being mixed with the additional ingredients.
- If your cream cheese is still a little cool, you’ll notice small lumps when you begin to mix it with the other ingredients and from here it’s nearly impossible correct that. The taste will still be great however, the recipe is far from ruined. 😊
Instant Pudding vs. Cooked Pudding
- This recipe calls for Instant Pudding simply due to the convenience of it, it takes minutes to make.
- Cooked pudding may absolutely be used, but should be chilled when added to the baking dish, so it will definitely take extra time to cook it and let it completely cool.
- This article outlines the various differences between to the two, but to put it simply:
- Instant Pudding: Quicker, more convenient
- Cooked Pudding: Takes longer, tastes better.
Freezing This Dessert
- You can freeze this dessert for later use. Before serving, let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- I like to make this for my family and freeze portion sizes in storage containers. I take one or two out at a time, let them defrost overnight, and there’s an easy dessert ready for the next day!
My Kitchen Tools For This Recipe
Try These Next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you. 😊
No Bake Oreo Delight
This decadent no-bake Oreo Delight has four irresistible layers that begin with an Oreo crust, a sweet cream cheese mixture, chocolate pudding, and Cool Whip! It's easy to throw together and can even be frozen for future use!
- 1 package Oreo cookies regular or double stuffed
- 1 stick butter melted
- 16 oz. Cool Whip separated
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 5.9 oz. chocolate instant pudding*
- 2 ¾ cup milk
Crush the whole bag of Oreos in a food processor. (You can also do this by hand if needed.)
Combine the Oreos and melted butter until well-combined. Press the mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan to make a crust.
Using hand mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl for 1 minute. Room temperature cream cheese is necessary for this layer to have a smooth consistency when combined with the next set of ingredients. Otherwise, lumps will form.
Add HALF of of Cool Whip, and reserve the second half for the topping.
Add the powdered sugar. Beat until well-combined and smooth. Spread across the top of the Oreo crust.
Whisk the instant pudding and the milk for 2 minutes. Let it set for 5 minutes, then spread over the Cool Whip/sugar mixture.
Top with remaining 8 ounces of Cool Whip.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 60 minutes prior to serving. You can also refrigerate it overnight.
Top with strawberries just before serving if desired. You can also add shaved chocolate to the top.
- *Cooked pudding may be used instead, be sure to wait until it's chilled before adding it to the pan.
- This dessert can be frozen for future use. Before serving, let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight.