No Bake Oreo Delight
“Mark? What’s a new recipe you want me to make?” (A common question I ask of the hubs.)
“Chocolate chip cookies”- always his response. Why do I even ask.
“No”, I grumble- ”something new, for my blog…I’ve already made chocolate chip cookies.”
-Pause. He pretends to think– “Ummmm……..Chocolate chip cookies”
Dahhhhhh. Well forget THAT! Right!? Boys. Seriously.
Well I decided to give some Oreo Delight a whack because, let’s face it. It looks easy, it has a layer in it that semi-resembles cheesecake, (my obsession), and it has Oreos in it. (My other obsession.) And Mark likes chocolate- obviously.
Here’s a serious question that I have:
What is something that you LOVE, that someone else doesn’t, and you can’t get over it.
Like…. I LOVE white creamy, cheesy casserole-type pasta or chicken dishes. The hubs? –Eh. Not so much. What’s UP with that?! He likes red sauce (which, so do I.) But he doesn’t care for white sauces-Alfredo, just won’t do. Is that not the craziest thing ever? I could go on about this for a while, but I’ll cut myself off. It’s dessert time.
- 1 package Oreo cookies regular or double stuffed
- ¾ stick butter melted
- 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding 5.9 oz.
- 2 ¾ cup milk
- Using a food processor, crush the whole bag of Oreos (You can do this by hand, particularly if you’re angry.)
- Set aside one cup of the crushed Oreos and mix the rest with the butter. Press the mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan to make a crust.
- Using hand mixer, combine 1 container of Cool Whip with the cream cheese and sugar. Spread across the top of the Oreo crust.
- Whisk the instant pudding and the milk for 2 minutes. Let it set for 5 minutes, then spread over the whip cream/sugar mixture.
- Top with remaining whip cream, then sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of crushed Oreos.
- Serve with a side of strawberries for extra pizzazz and enjoy;)