Gluten Free Chex Mix
It’s a little disturbing to think about how much of this Chex mix that I can put away. One little Checky-Check at a time… little by little… I end up eating like, a trough of this. I’m a BIG time snacker, little things to nibble on are my weakness- and I LOVE the cheese crackers in this too.
Since this recipe makes almost 20 cups, you’ll probably end up putting some of this out for guests at some point, so making it gluten-free is definitely a safe way to go. I like to put out multiple bowls around different places in the house so that people are always within arm’s reach 😉
I made this snack when my parents visited from Colorado last week. My sister and I are in it for the Chex and Cheese crackers, my dad is in it for the nuts, and my mom must eat the pretzels because there is always a perfect balance of this mix left, even though we all pick out our favorite parts (thinking no one else notices that we are doing it.)-Tisk tisk!
Are you big on snacking?! What’s your all-time favorite snack?!
Cheez-Its pretty much get me every time. (My friend Tracy from Served From Scratch makes her own Cheez-Its at home!)
- 9 cups Chex: (4.5 corn, 4.5 rice)
- 4 cups gluten free cheese crackers
- 2 cups gluten free pretzel sticks
- 3 cups mixed nuts
- 2 Sticks butter
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (ensure it is Gluten free, French's makes theirs gluten free!)
- 2 Tablespoons Tobasco sauce
- 2 Dashes garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Take 2 roasting pans and add a stick of butter to each.
- Place in the oven until melted.
- Remove pan from the oven and stir in the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Put all of the dry ingredients into each roasting pan and mix carefully but thoroughly until sauce is well distributed.
- Put the pans back in the oven for ½ hour, removing pans to stir a couple of times while baking.
- Cool on a cookie sheet or parchment paper before storing in an airtight container.
- This can be stored for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe Source: My mom …thank god for moms 😉
*This post may contain affiliate links