Spicy Chex Mix
This Spicy Chex Mix is a family favorite that’s so easy to throw together! It makes a perfect holiday gift and is an energizing snack for the holiday season.
It really starts to feel like the holidays when I’m sitting down with an entire trough of my mom’s Spicy Chex Mix. This recipe makes enough for 36 servings and yeah. I make an entire batch for me, myself, and I. It’s just the way it is.
Perhaps one day I’l consider making this and handing it out as a Christmas gift. These little tins are perfect for that! Do you think people would mind if I ate half of each tin before handing them out?
Ingredients For Chex Mix:
- Chex Mix is a very forgiving recipe and you can use a variety of different types of nuts, crackers, and pretzels when making it.
- I use whatever I have on hand, this most recent time I happened to have extra-large Cheezits and Goldfish.
- When picking out mixed nuts, I recommend choosing a kind that includes peanuts. I’ve mistakenly assumed that all mixed nuts contain peanuts before, but I was very wrong.
Gluten-Free Chex Mix:
If preparing this for a large crowd or as a gift, you may want to consider making it Gluten-free, it’s very easy:
- Gluten-free crackers and pretzels are easy to find in the gluten-free aisle at your grocery store.
- French’s brand of Worcestershire sauce indicates that it is gluten-free.
- Rice and Corn Chex is gluten-free.
- The remaining ingredients in this recipe are gluten-free.
Making Chex Mix Ahead of Time:
- Chex Mix is a great recipe to make ahead of time because it keeps well when stored in an airtight container.
- You can prepare the entire recipe up to two weeks ahead of time.
Storing Chex Mix:
Chex Mix should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 4-6 weeks.
Sweet Chex Mix:
I’ve always been a salt-lover, but if you’re looking for something a little sweeter, this recipe looks delish!
Try These Next!
- Bacon Ranch Cheddar Cheese Ball
- Warm Bacon Ranch Cheese Dip
- Copycat Applebee’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip
You should join my free email list and be the first to know about my latest recipes! I sent out just one email a week so you won’t get sick of me.
This Spicy Chex Mix is a family favorite that's so easy to throw together! It makes a perfect holiday gift and is an energizing snack for the holiday season.
- 9 cups Chex Half rice, half corn
- 4 cups gluten-free cheese crackers
- 2 cups gluten-free pretzel sticks
- 3 cups mixed nuts
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce ensure it is Gluten free, French's makes theirs gluten free!
- 2 Tablespoons Tobasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Take 2 roasting pans and add a stick of butter to each. Place in the oven until melted.
- Remove pan from the oven. Rotate the baking sheet to spread butter evenly around it.
Distribute the sauce ingredients evenly onto each sheet and mix to combine.
- Evenly distribute the dry ingredients into each roasting pan and mix carefully until evenly coated with sauce ingredients.
- Put the pans back in the oven for ½ hour, removing pans to stir a couple of times while baking.
- Cool on a cookie sheet or parchment paper before storing in an airtight container.
Storage: Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 4-6 weeks.