These baked potato slices are topped with melted cheese, crispy bacon, Italian seasoning, and served with sour cream for dipping! Crispy on the outside, warm and soft on the inside!
Try my Crispy Baked Potato Wedges next!
Baked Potato Slices
Guys, these are like potato skins, hasselback potatoes, and loaded baked potatoes all rolled into one. They’re so easy to make. Serve them as an appetizer for party or as a side dish to go along with steak, chicken, or burgers!
I promise you, these will make anyone a potato lover. Anyone.
(I really mean it. Anyone.)
- Russet Potatoes- These have the best consistency for baking as they can get crisp on the outside and remain soft on the inside.
- Oil- Olive, Vegetable, or Canola all work fine.
- Cheddar Cheese- Shred your own from a block at home for best results. I like to use Cabot.
- Bacon- High-quality bacon is a must. (Otherwise it’s all fat.)
- Italian Seasoning– Or just oregano.
- Green Onions– To garnish
- Sour Cream– For Dipping.
*Monterrey Jack is a good cheese to use as well.
*Don’t have bacon? Top these with some steamed broccoli instead.
*Ranch seasoning can be sprinkled over the cheese instead of Italian seasoning as well.
How to Bake Sliced Potatoes
See recipe card at the bottom of post for full ingredient amounts and instructions.
Scrub the russet potatoes clean and cut into 3/4 inch slices. This is thick enough so they don’t shrink down to potato chips, but thin enough so they bake through nicely.
Brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook bacon strips in a large pan over low heat until crispy. Leave the bacon drippings.
Brush Bacon Drippings on both sides of the potato slices and bake for 10 more minutes.
Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and green onions. Serve with sour cream!
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 6 minutes or until warmed through.
Baked potato slices freeze well! (Just leave out the green onions.) To reheat, bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes.
Try These Next!
Get my Free Meal Plan!
Baked Potato Slices
- 3 russet potatoes, Scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, Canola or Olive Oil work as well
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 2.5 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take out the bacon and set it aside for 5 minutes (this makes it crispier).
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4 inch slices. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat the tops with oil. Flip and repeat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the slices on a baking sheet in the oven for 25 minutes.
- As the potatoes bake, cook the bacon over low heat. Use kitchen tongs to flip them periodically for even cooking. Set them aside once finished, leave the bacon drippings.
- Remove the potato slices from the oven and lightly brush with bacon drippings. Flip and repeat. Bake for 10 more minutes. Meanwhile, crumble the bacon.
- Decrease the heat to 350 degrees. Top the potatoes with grated cheese and crumbled bacon. Place back in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the slices from the oven. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, then top with green onions. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
StorageRefrigerator Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 6 minutes or until warmed through. Freezer Baked potato slices freeze well! (Just leave out the green onions.) To reheat, bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes.