This Spicy Chex Mix recipe has bold flavors and a spicy kick that’s perfect for holiday snacking. It also makes a great gift for Christmas!
Spicy Chex Mix
It really starts to feel like the holidays when I’m sitting down with an entire trough of my mom’s Spicy Chex Mix. This recipe makes 18 cups and yeah. I could easily eat all 18 of them myself. It’s just the way it is.
Although, Chex Mix does make an excellent homemade gift, (see bottom of this post for festive tins that you can put this in)!
My favorite part of this recipe is that it’s an easy make-ahead recipe that you can make weeks ahead of time if you want! Scroll down for all the info!
See bottom of post for the recipe card with ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Cheese Crackers: Any variety of cheese crackers are good in this recipes. I love using Cheez Its and/or Goldfish.
- Chex: I always use a combination of rice and corn chex, but you can stick to just one variety. I use 9 cups in this recipe, 1 (18 oz.) box is enough for that amount.
- Nuts: I add a lot of whole cashews to the mix as well as a container of mixed nuts.
- Pretzels: Thin pretzel sticks are a perfect addition to this recipe.
- Butter- Since crackers and nuts are already salty, you may want to stick with unsalted butter.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Tabasco Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Chex Mix is a great recipe to make ahead of time because it keeps well when stored in an airtight container.
- You can prepare the entire recipe up to two weeks ahead of time.
- Store in an airtight container prior to serving.
Tools for this Recipe
Try These Next
Meow Gallery: The layout none is not available in this version.
Get my Free Meal Plan
Spicy Chex Mix
- 9 cups Chex, I use Half rice Chex, half corn Chex
- 4 cups Cheddar Crackers, Cheez-its, Goldfish, etc.
- 2 cups Pretzels
- 3 cups Mixed Nuts
- 2 sticks Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tobasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300° F.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a measuring cup with a spout.
- Combine the Chex mix ingredients in 1-2 very large bowls.
- Add half of the sauce mixture and toss to coat. Add the remaining sauce mixture, toss to coat well again. Do this thoroughly (and gently) for best results.
- Evenly distribute the mix on two large roasting pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and toss, then bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.