This cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Bacon Dip makes a perfect game-day snack with it’s tangy flavor and creamy texture!
I have been on a search for the perfect tortilla chip for a while now, because it just seems like tortilla chips always taste better in restaurants. Do you feel that way too?
I’ve tried restaurant-style tortilla chips before, but my latest discovery has actually exceeded my expectations: Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips!
I found myself eating these straight out of the bag while I prepared this dip- good thing I bought two bags. 😬
Aside from the taste, here are just a few added perks. These chips are:
-Made with Sea Salt. (One of the four ingredients in these chips.)
-Free from artificial flavors or colors.
So it’s probably not surprising that I’ve stocked up on these chips for the Big Game coming up. They pair so perfectly with this Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Dip!
What are you making for game day? I mean, aside from this dip of course.
Making Chicken Ranch Dip Ahead of Time
This dip is super easy to make ahead of time!
• Once the chicken is shredded and combined with the other ingredients, let it cool down a bit and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
• Remove it from the fridge and place it back in the slow cooker. Heat it on low for 2-3 hours prior to serving.
• Top with additional cheese and bacon and allow the cheese to melt.
• Top with green onions and serve!
Storing Chicken Ranch Dip
This dip should be refrigerated in an airtight container and used within three days.
Optional Ingredient Additions
This recipe is delicious as-is, but here are some optional add-ons to change things up a bit!
• 2 Teaspoons cayenne pepper, (for a spicy kick)
• ½ cup buffalo sauce
• Spicier Cheeses instead of cheddar, such as Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack. (Hot Habanero cheese is really spicy, and I love it!)
• Diced Jalapeños, (Leave the seeds for a spicy kick!)
Stove Top Instructions
To cook this on the stove top instead of the slow cooker:
• Boil the chicken for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
• Drain the water and use tongs to remove the chicken. Use two forks to shred it finely on a cutting board.
• Place the shredded chicken back into the pot over medium-low heat and mix in the other ingredients.
• Cover, and heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Top with additional cheese and bacon, place the cover on, and heat until the cheese is melted.
• Top with green onions and serve!
Try These Next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Bacon Dip
- 2 9 oz. bags Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, see notes*
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 oz. Ranch seasoning mix, equal to 2 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chicken broth, ranch seasoning mix, and hot sauce to the slow cooker.
- Heat on low for 4 hours or on high for 2.
- Remove the chicken and place on a large cutting board. Use two forks to finely shred it. Add it back to the Slow Cooker and mix to combine.
- Top with additional 1/2 cup shredded cheddar. Heat on low until ready to serve. (If you won't be serving for a few hours, heat on warm.)
- Top with diced green onions and serve!