Whipped Garlic Feta Dip
This whipped garlic feta dip is so creamy and flavorful! It can be made ahead of time and served warm or chilled with crackers, pita chips, pretzels, and veggies!
It’s hard to believe how delicious this whipped garlic feta dip is, and how easy it is to make. I’ve been making it for years, I first published it in 2016 and suggested that it be served chilled.
Eventually, I tried baking it, only to discover that it can totally be served warm or chilled! How awesome is that?
I ended up creating a second post for “Warm” garlic feta dip, and now, I’m combining both posts into one. 😉
The ingredients and the steps to make it are exactly the same. It’s really just a matter if you go on to bake it, or chill it once it’s mixed.
Substitute for Plain Greek Yogurt
If you find yourself in need of a Greek Yogurt substitute, I would recommend using equal amounts of one of the following:
- Sour cream. This would be my first choice.
- Cottage Cheese is another alternative, the consistency won’t be quite the same but it’ll have great flavor.
- Mayo can also be used.
Homemade Pita Chips
Homemade pita chips are delicious with this dip, and they’re easy to make! Here’s how:
- Slice 3-4 pita bread pocket into eight triangles. Brush each side with olive olive and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Watch carefully because when they start to burn, they burn quick!
My Kitchen Tools for This Recipe
- I use my trusty mini food processor when I make this dip. I have to mix it in batches, but that’s nothing compared to the ease of storage. This guy is teeny, but perfect!
- This is the beautiful bowl that I bought for serving up this dip (pictured here in this recipe). It’s nice and heavy, beautifully speckled, and great for a number of foods!
- These are my favorite chips to serve with this dip as well!
Is Garlic Feta Dip Served Warm or Cold?
Garlic Feta Dip can be baked in the oven and served warm, or chilled after mixing and served cold! It’s equally delicious either way.
Try These Next!
- Bacon Ranch Cheddar Cheese Ball
- Warm Bacon Ranch Cheese Dip
- Copycat Applebee’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Cowboy Queso
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you. 😊
This whipped garlic feta dip is easy to make and perfect with crackers, pretzels, and veggies. The perfect appetizer for spring and summer!
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 oz. feta cheese crumbled ( equal to 1 + 1/3 cup)
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 Pinch dried dill
- 1 Pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- Chopped parsley or fresh dill to garnish
- Black pepper to taste
- Pita chips crackers, or veggies for dipping
Beat the cream cheese In a food processor until it’s smooth. If it’s not at room temperature when you do this, the consistency won't be as smooth when combined with other ingredients.
Add the feta, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic, dill, oregano, and lemon juice. Beat until well-combined.
Pour the dip into a serving bowl and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes. Top with top with tomato, parsley, and black pepper prior to serving.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer to a baking dish and bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and top with diced tomatoes and freshly ground pepper.
Serve with crackers, pita chips, pretzels, French bread, or veggies!
Recipe Source: HostTheToast.com