Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
This sweet and savory Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball has an unbeatable flavor combination that includes pineapple, pecans, bacon, two cheeses, and more! It’s ready in minutes, can be made ahead of time, and can even be baked!
Is it weird that I have 7 containers of Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese in my fridge right now? Yeah, I don’t kid around. This time of year, you never know when you’ll have a last-minute party to go to or when your husband’s friends might POP over out of nowhere to watch the game on TV. I’ve pretty much become the Macgyver of quick and easy appetizers ideas, and this cheese ball is my go-to.
Walmart is my favorite place to stock up on this stuff because the layout makes it so easy to navigate; I can always find what I’m looking for. OR, if you don’t want to run in and pick up these items in-store, you can easily order all items for your holiday menu using Walmart Online Grocery Pickup! My store just started offering this and I’m psyched!
So. Philadelphia cream cheese, Kraft Sharp Cheddar, Oscar Mayer Bacon, and Planters Nuts. You have those things on hand, you can make dips, cheese balls, spreads, whatever floats your boat all season long. 😊
Ready To Make It Yourself?
Just visit this link and everything you need for this recipe will go straight into your cart! You don’t even have to go searching for anything!
Does this Cheese Ball need to chill?
Cheese balls are best if refrigerated for a minimum of one hour in order to allow the flavors to blend.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes. This cheese ball can be made up to two days ahead of time.
Can I serve this as a warm dip?
Yes! Here’s how:
-Let the cream cheese sit at room temperature for an hour to ensure a smooth consistency when it’s baked. Then, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth.
-Add in the other ingredients minus the green onions and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
-Remove the dip from the oven, give it a little stir, top with green onions if desired, and serve!
Try These Next!
- Warm Bacon Ranch Cheese Dip
- Copycat Applebee’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Bacon Ranch Cheddar Cheese Ball
- Sweet Cream Cheese Wontons
Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
- 6 strips OSCAR MAYER America’s Favorite Bacon, Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon, Uncooked
- 20 oz. crushed pineapple
- 2 8 oz. packages PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese
- 1 cup KRAFT Natural Cheese Sharp Cheddar
- 1 oz. Ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup green onions, optional
- ¾ cup PLANTERS Roasted Pecans, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Place the bacon in a large pan over medium-low heat and cook the strips slowly, using tongs to flip them every so often as the ends begin to curl. This helps the bacon cook evenly.
- As the bacon cooks, place the pineapple in a strainer and use the back of a spoon to push out as much pineapple juice as possible. Place the drained pineapple in paper towels and squeeze as much additional juice out as you can. Pineapples contain a lot of liquid. You should have just over a ½ cup remaining once you’ve finished draining.
- Once the bacon is cooked, set the strips on a paper towel-lined plate to allow excess grease to absorb. Use a knife to roughly chop the bacon.
- In a large bowl, use a silicone spatula to combine the bacon, pineapple, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch mix, and green onions until all ingredients are evenly incorporated and mixed.
- Roll the mixture into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Flash freeze for 5 minutes.
- Plate the chopped pecans and dried cranberries on a plate or cutting board.
- Remove the cheese ball from the plastic wrap and roll it into the pecan/cranberry mixture.
- Refrigerate in plastic wrap for a minimum of one hour if possible to allow the flavors to blend together. Serve with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, or vegetables.