Hmmmm….semi surprising blog news? What’s that all about?!
….Okay, well… the truth is, I love this stinkin’ blog. I’ve worked soooo hard building this beauty. I’ve learned a ton, made some great friends, and have even reunited long lost ones. But aside all of the great things about it, I’ve recently realized that it’s taken me away from enjoying other things in life a little bit. This thing is a time sucker! In fact, this past weekend was the first that I’ve been at home in a year and a half that I’ve spent off of the blog. And it… was awesome. I spent time with my husband & pup, went on a few adventures, relaxed, tidied up the house, and loved every second of it. I did manage to snap a pic of this awesome marinade, but snapping a quick pic was all I did. None of this extensive photo-shoot stuff.
So… based on this experiment, and some careful consideration, I’ve decided to take a break for a bit. Summers are jam packed with fun stuff and I think I should enjoy it to the fullest. I’m thinking a little more house decorating, movie watching, gardening, and playing sounds like a good idea for me for now!
For those of you who literally just signed up for my email list, this is awkward. (Just kidding, it’s never awkward here- Stick around!) For those of you who have been a follower for a long time, you have my utmost gratitude.
I don’t know when the next recipe will come, but for now, I’m leaving you with the best chicken marinade I’ve ever found. I make this ALL summer long… it’s always been a huge hit. I even packed my husband with a few pounds of this marinated chicken for a guy’s camping weekend. When you have several grown men asking you for a marinade recipe, you know it’s gotta be a good one.
So. What are your thoughts on this news?! This is a big step for me- believe it. I’m a very “go go go” person and I think it’s important that I explore a little more relaxed approach to life for a bit. Do you deserve the same!? Maybe it’s time to think about how you could also enjoy life a little more too!? I’d love to hear your comments : ) And know that this isn’t goodbye forever, I’m just takin’ a break and feeling it out!
Imma miss you guys- But we’ll talk soon 🙂
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- ⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ teaspoon dry thyme
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ½ cup red-wine vinegar
- In a large saucepan, heat the canola and olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and let cook, covered, for 4-6 minutes- until the onions are soft & translucent. Stir them often as they cook.
- Stir in the brown sugar, allspice, thyme, pepper, cloves, cinnamon and cayenne and remove from heat. Stir in the soy sauce and red wine vinegar and cool completely before marinating.
I’m sharing this at Fiesta Friday!
Recipe Source: HealthySeasonalRecipes.com