This Warm Bacon Ranch Cheese Dip has a blend of cheddar, mozzarella, and cream cheese combined with mouth-watering ranch seasoning, crispy bacon, and fresh green onions. This is truly a dip that no one can resist!
👆 Can you believe that chip didn’t even break with all of that delicious dip on there?! That is one heck of a chip! And this dip… oh my gosh, I could eat it with a spoon. This dip is a creation that I created after someone asked me if they could serve one of my cheese ball recipes warm. I thought…. hmmm, why the heck not! The only difference is that I added some ooey gooey mozzarella and a bit of sour cream to make it melt better. I officially think that this is my favorite dip ever.
What Kind of Mozzarella Cheese Melts Best?
Definitely shred your own mozzarella instead of using packaged grated mozzarella. Any and every kind of cheese melts much better when you grate it yourself, and when you’re making a dip like this, you definitely want it to melt well! Low moisture mozzarella is what you’ll want to look for.
What Other Cheeses Can I Add?
Monterey Jack is a delicious cheese to incorporate into this dip as well, you could use 1/2 of the mozzarella and sub the rest with Monterey Jack, they both melt very well. Additionally, Velveeta cheese can be used in place of the cheddar or a combination of both can be used.
Why Does the Cream Cheese Have to Be at Room Temperature?
Cream cheese tends to have a lumpy consistency when you bake it cold or cool. For the creamiest consistency, you want to let the cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing it with any other ingredients.
Can I Make This into a Cheese Ball?
Not a question that popped into your head immediately, I’m sure, but this warm dip is actually a variation of my popular Bacon Ranch Cheddar Cheese Ball recipe, which is perfect for making ahead, popping it in the fridge, and simply taking it out whenever you’re ready!
Storing This Dip
Refrigerator: This dip is good in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Freezer: This dip can be frozen if needed, although the quality and texture won’t be completely the same as when it was prepared fresh. Just be sure to leave out the green onions prior to freezing and ensure it’s in a labeled airtight container. This dip is best if used within three months.
Try These Next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
Warm Bacon Ranch Cheese Dip
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 oz. Packet Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 8 Strips Bacon, Cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup green onions, diced- to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning so that the dip has a creamy consistency without any lumps. Combine the cream cheese with all other ingredients, leaving the green onions aside for garnishing.
- Place the mixture in a casserole dish and bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven, garnish with green onions, and serve!