Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing
This homemade copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing is the perfect accompaniment to fresh lettuce and salad ingredients- and so easy to make at home!
Um, I completely, one-hundred percent totally embarrass myself every time I go to Olive Garden. My husband has gotten used to my salad-hoarding, breadstick-eating ways. I never (ever) eat my meal there. I don’t even try to eat my meal there. I even warn the waitstaff about this in advance now because they always question me when I ask for a box for my entire, untouched meal. To me, the meal is for home, and the salad and the breadsticks are for now. It’s just the way it is.
How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- Large Black olives
- Red onions
- Pepperoncinis (These are jarred and are found in the same section as the pickles/olives)
- Croutons (You can actually purchase Olive Garden’s Croutons, OR make my homemade crouton recipe!)
- Parmesan cheese
Best Olive Oil for Salad Dressing
-Make sure you use high quality extra virgin olive oil when making this recipe. In turn, it’ll yield a high quality salad dressing and will ensure that the olive oil remains in liquid form when refrigerated.
–Lucini olive oil is a high-quality brand that I like to use.
-For more information about picking the highest quality olive oil that you can, check these guys out.
Storing Leftover Salad
- Prepared salad should be refrigerated as soon as possible in an airtight container, free from as much moisture as possible. Salad can’t be frozen, lettuce that has been frozen or even chilled at too low of a temperature ruins it’s consistency and freshness. Once that’s happened, it can’t be recovered.
- Refrigerated salad lasts anywhere from 1-3 days, it’s only as good until the least-fresh ingredient in the salad begins to go bad.
More Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
- Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you. 😊
This homemade Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing is the perfect accompaniment to fresh lettuce and salad ingredients- and so easy to make at home! Pair it with some homemade croutons for an even tastier spin!
- .7 oz. Italian Dressing Mix
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, high-quality olive oil yields much better results in this recipe
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Tablespoon mayo, not miracle whip
Mix everything thoroughly together and refrigerate. That's it!
- Mixture will settle upon sitting, simply shake before each use.
- This will keep for 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 2 Tablespoons = 1 serving