Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read more »
This Olive Garden Alfredo sauce recipe comes straight from the restaurant itself! It takes just 15 minutes to make, and pairs perfectly with fettuccine.
Let me show you just how easy this is!
If you’ve been wondering about Olive Garden’s Alfredo sauce recipe, worry not! I’ve got it. The exact recipe. And as much as I’d love to brag about my secret connection to Olive Garden’s prized recipe collection, this one is actually just listed right on their website. (Along with their stuffed chicken marsala recipe, which I’ve also made.)
When my husband ate this yesterday, he kept saying the same thing over again, and I kept repeating the same answer back:
Husband: “Whoa, this tastes just like Olive Garden!”
Me: “Yeah, it’s the exact recipe. I got it from their website.”
Rinse, and repeat. He was looking at his phone at the time so I don’t think my response was quite getting through. He probably still thinks that I managed to recreate it on my own. I’ll just let him think that. 😉
Homemade Alfredo Sauce:
-You can switch up the cheeses that you use this recipe by adding mozzarella, or even some Asiago. You may be tempted to add more cheese to thicken to sauce, but it continues to thicken upon standing and even when added to the pasta. Alfredo sauce is generally thinner than you may think and thickening it further may make it too rich.
-If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use 1 pint of half and half and 1 cup of milk if needed.
-If you only have evaporated milk, just use half the amount of milk and replace the other half with water. You won’t compromise flavor or consistency by doing this in creamy sauces like this one.
-You can even experiment with different pastas. I like fettuccine because the noodles soak up that thick sauce like a boss. Bow tie pasta does great with Alfredo sauce too, as I’ve proven in this recipe.
What variations would you add to this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know! It’s you guys that keep me, (and others), inspired with your creativity in the kitchen!
Oh, and you should totally pair this with an Olive Garden style salad. I’ve got a killer copycat version of their salad dressing, it’s spot on.
If you aren’t on my free email list, you have to join! You’ll get just one weekly email with my latest recipes and nothing more than that! Plus, you’ve gotta follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram too! Doooo it.
This Olive Garden Alfredo sauce recipe comes straight from the restaurant itself! It takes just 20 minutes to make, and pairs perfectly with fettuccine.
- 6 Tablespoons butter high quality
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup Romano cheese grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Fettuccine
- Parsley to garnish
- Boil the fettuccine according to package instructions. As the water preheats, begin the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in the flour. Gradually add the milk and heavy cream, whisking constantly.
- Add the cheeses, continuing to whisk, and bring the sauce to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat once the sauce begins to bubble. It will continue to thicken as it simmers.
- Drain the pasta and carefully mix it into the sauce until well incorporated. The pasta will absorb the sauce an it will get thicker still.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve!
Source: Olive Garden