Chicken Parmesan Sliders
These Chicken Parmesan Sliders are made with fresh chicken and delicious homemade breading. They’re topped with marinara sauce, crunchy mozzarella sticks, and are baked in the oven for a fun game day appetizer to feed a crowd!
Love Chicken Parm? Try my Chicken Parmesan Casserole recipe next!
A big thanks to Farm Rich for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
I might be a secret genius by adding mozzarella sticks to Chicken Parmesan Sliders. (Which are the best sliders in America, by the way.)
Let me show you how it’s done so you can have the best game day snack ever!
- Buttermilk- see below for substitution options
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Seasoned Salt
- White Flour
- Parmesan Cheese
- Breadcrumbs- preferably homemade.
- Olive Oil
- Provolone Cheese
- Marinara Sauce- try my homemade version!
- Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks
- Slider Buns
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
See the bottom of this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
PRO Tips for This Recipe
- The buttermilk step is optional if you’re short on time.
- The chicken can be baked at 350° F for 20-25 minutes on a lightly greased baking sheet instead of frying.
- You can order all of the ingredients off Instacart to save you time!
- Eggplant Parmesan makes a fantastic meatless variation of this recipe!
- Homemade breadcrumbs make Chicken Parmesan taste much better.
- Make extra breaded chicken, let it cool, and freeze it for future meals!
Soaking Chicken in Buttermilk
Letting chicken marinate in buttermilk overnight is a great way to tenderize and flavor the meat for super juicy chicken Parmesan or fried chicken.
If you’re short on time, you can marinate for 30 minutes or more instead of overnight.
See the recipe card below for buttermilk substitution options!
Adding Mozzarella Sticks
Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks in this recipe are really what make it unique. They add an extra crunch and that oozing mozzarella goes perfectly with this Chicken Parmesan. I used the snack size but you could totally use the regular Mozz Sticks too.
Farm Rich features a full lineup of yummy and wholesome products – made for snacking when you want, how you want. They’ve got Mozzarella Sticks, Mozzarella Bites, Chicken Bites, Loaded Potato Skins, Avocado Slices, and Meatballs! They make entertaining so much more fun because the snacks are so easy and convenient.
Try These Next!
Get my Free Meal Plan!
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 2 large Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk, see notes for substitution options
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 18 Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks
- 6 Slider Buns
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Butterfly the chicken breast and cut the seam to create 2 thinner slices, each about ¾ inch thick. Top the chicken with wax paper and use a meat pounder as necessary to pound the chicken flat.
- Cut each in half or into thirds to match the size of the buns you’ll be using.
- Place the buttermilk in a thick gallon freezer bag. Add the chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Create an assembly line for breading the chicken:
- Bowl #1: 3/4 cup flour + 2 tsp seasoned salt + ½ tsp black pepper.
- Bowl #2: 2 whisked eggs.
- Bowl #3: 1.5 cups breadcrumbs + ¼ cup grated Parmesan + 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Remove the chicken from the bag and let any excess buttermilk drip off.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then briefly in the whisked eggs, then smother them in the breadcrumb mixture until completely covered.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake the mozzarella sticks for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce heat to 350.
- Heat ½ cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook each side until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the bottom slider buns in a casserole dish. Top with chicken.
- Spoon marinara sauce over the chicken and top with provolone cheese and mozzarella sticks.
- Place the buns over the sliders.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter topping and brush the buns with it.
- Cover with foil and bake for 8 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 2-3 more minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons milk + enough sour cream to make a cup.
- 2 tablespoons milk + enough plain yogurt to make a cup.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar + enough milk to make a cup. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + enough milk to make a cup. Let sit for 10 minutes. It'll look curdled. Stir to combine.