This Baked Spaghetti recipe has delicious marinara sauce, juicy ground beef, Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese, and is made creamy with a dab of cream cheese! It’s easy to make up to 2 days ahead of time for a future easy dinner!
Don’t forget a side of CHEESY Homemade Garlic Bread!
Baked Spaghetti Ingredients
- Ground Beef– 85% lean works well
- Yellow Onion
- Garlic– Use fresh garlic cloves and mince them yourself for best flavor.
- Seasoned Salt
- Italian Seasonings
- Marinara Sauce– I love Rao’s brand, (sooo good).
- Diced Tomatoes
- Cream Cheese– Adds a slightly creamy element to the sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese– Buy a block and grate it at home for best results.
- Mozzarella Cheese– Shred your own at home.
- Fresh Parsley
Additional ingredients include diced Bell Peppers, Italian Sausage, Ricotta Cheese, Cooked/Diced Chicken, and more!
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
- Cook the ground beef and onions.
- Add the garlic during the last minute of cooking.
- Add the marinara sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir in the cream cheese.
- Cook Spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain, add to the marinara sauce.
- Pour into a casserole dish, top with cheeses.
- Refrigerate for later or bake immediately.
Making Baked Spaghetti Ahead of Time
-Baked Spaghetti can be prepared and assembled up to two days before baking.
-It can also be assembled and frozen before it’s baked. Before serving, let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then proceed with baking per the recipe.
Storing Baked Spaghetti
-Baked spaghetti should be refrigerated and is best if used within three days.
Freezing Baked Spaghetti
–Baked spaghetti makes a great freezer food after it’s been baked. It’s best to wrap portion sizes in foil and place them in a labeled freezer bag.
–To reheat from a frozen state, leave it in the foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or more, depending on the serving size.
Try These Next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you. 😊
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- 16 oz. spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 32 oz. marinara sauce
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parsley, to garnish
- Cook the ground beef and diced onions in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once the beef is browned and cooked through, add the garlic, seasoned salt and Italian seasonings and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the marinara and diced tomatoes. Once heated, stir in the cream cheese until it's melted and well-combined. Reduce heat to low.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain, and add to the marinara sauce.
- Pour the spaghetti into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- If serving immediately, bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is hot and melted.
- If serving at a later date, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to two days.
- Bake refrigerated casserole at 375 degrees for 25 minutes covered, and an additional 5-10 minutes uncovered.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve!