Baked Spaghetti (& Gift Basket Giveaway!)
Mother’s Day… it’s comin’ people! Itttttt’s comin’. Don’t be caught off guard- it’s time to think! What do we get our mamas?!
…The gift of FOOD, that’s what. I’ve never received an edible gift that I didn’t like. It’s quite unfortunate for my pants, but that’s the way it goes. If you hand her this gift basket, with this baked spaghetti recipe tucked inside, she’ll be happy as a clam. (Where the heck did that saying come from anyway.)
The basket is filled with a big ol’ jar of Uncle Steve’s marinara sauce, their arrabbiata sauce, Columbus Italian Dry Salame, New York Style Panetini, Pasta di Stigliano organic Campanelle pasta, Ferrero Rocher Chocolates, & an Uncle Steve’s 12” bamboo spoon. (You can buy your own here.)!
And Uncle Steve’s wants to give one to YOU. (or your mom 😉 ) Aren’t they sweeeeeet?!
Just leave a comment on this post, and you’re entered to your very own gift Basket. -Giveaway Closed, congratulations Ellieanne!
Uncle Steve’s will mail it right to you! (Continental US only please!- A winner will be selected at random at Random.org on May 1st!)
Let’s talk for a sec about this baked spaghetti. I truly think this is my only way to make spaghetti from now on. It’s meaty, it’s cheesy, it’s easy. And it freezes well. The Mark man has lots of frozen portions waiting for him when I don’t feel like cooking. 😀
What about you? What’s your ALL TIME favorite Italian meal?
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- (32 ounces) Uncle Steve's marinara or tomato basil sauce
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 container (16 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Cook the beef, onions, and garlic in a large skillet until the meat is brown. Drain excess liquid and mix in the spaghetti sauce, seasoned salt, and Italian seasonings.
- Combine the eggs, parmesan cheese, and butter in a small bowl. Coat the pasta in this mixture when it’s done cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread half of the spaghetti in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with half of the ricotta cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella. Spread second layer of spaghetti on top and top with remaining ricotta cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover during the last 10 minutes and bake until the cheese is hot and melted.
Leftovers freeze well 🙂
Recipe Source: TheGirlWhoAteEverything.com
Want more Italian deliciousness?
*This post may contain affiliate links