This Baked Spaghetti recipe has delicious marinara sauce, juicy ground beef, Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese, and is made creamy with a dab of cream cheese! It’s easy to make up to 2 days ahead of time for a future easy dinner!
Don’t forget a side of CHEESY Homemade Garlic Bread!
Baked Spaghetti Ingredients
- Ground Beef– 85% lean works well
- Yellow Onion
- Garlic– Use fresh garlic cloves and mince them yourself for best flavor.
- Seasoned Salt
- Italian Seasonings
- Marinara Sauce– I love Rao’s brand, (sooo good).
- Diced Tomatoes
- Cream Cheese– Adds a slightly creamy element to the sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese– Buy a block and grate it at home for best results.
- Mozzarella Cheese– Shred your own at home.
- Fresh Parsley
Additional ingredients include diced Bell Peppers, Italian Sausage, Ricotta Cheese, Cooked/Diced Chicken, and more!
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
- Cook the ground beef and onions.
- Add the garlic during the last minute of cooking.
- Add the marinara sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir in the cream cheese.
- Cook Spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain, add to the marinara sauce.
- Pour into a casserole dish, top with cheeses.
- Refrigerate for later or bake immediately.
Making Baked Spaghetti Ahead of Time
-Baked Spaghetti can be prepared and assembled up to two days before baking.
-It can also be assembled and frozen before it’s baked. Before serving, let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then proceed with baking per the recipe.
Storing Baked Spaghetti
-Baked spaghetti should be refrigerated and is best if used within three days.
Freezing Baked Spaghetti
–Baked spaghetti makes a great freezer food after it’s been baked. It’s best to wrap portion sizes in foil and place them in a labeled freezer bag.
–To reheat from a frozen state, leave it in the foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or more, depending on the serving size.
Try These Next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you. 😊
This Baked Spaghetti recipe has delicious marinara, juicy ground beef, and is made creamy with a dab of cream cheese! It's easy to make up to 2 days ahead of time for a future easy dinner!
- 16 oz. spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 32 oz. marinara sauce
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes drained
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Parsley to garnish
Cook the ground beef and diced onions in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Once the beef is browned and cooked through, add the garlic, seasoned salt and Italian seasonings and cook for an additional minute.
Add the marinara and diced tomatoes. Once heated, stir in the cream cheese until it's melted and well-combined. Reduce heat to low.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain, and add to the marinara sauce.
Pour the spaghetti into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
If serving immediately, bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is hot and melted.
If serving at a later date, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to two days.
Bake refrigerated casserole at 375 degrees for 25 minutes covered, and an additional 5-10 minutes uncovered.
Top with chopped parsley and serve!
I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a 8.5 x 8.5 inch baking dish.
Leftovers freeze well 🙂