Easy Broccoli Cheese Sauce
This easy broccoli cheese sauce has an unbeatable three-cheese combination and is so easy to prepare and serve with broccoli over baked potatoes!
Baked Potato Day. I would look forward to it every single Wednesday in middle school, when you’d get a big ol’ baked potato for lunch and a helping of the cafeteria’s broccoli cheese sauce. No one liked baked potato day like I did. In fact, I’m probably the only one who even liked it at all. 🤣
As delicious as I thought the cafeteria’s version of cheese sauce was, I think I’ve nailed down a better one. This one’s got three different cheeses. Need I say more?
What Can You Serve With Cheese Sauce?
Aside from the obvious baked potato, there are tons of uses for this cheese sauce. You can enjoy it over pasta, dip vegetables into it, drizzle it on some homemade french fries, serve it with nachos… I mean, cheese goes with everything. Everything.
Storing Leftover Cheese Sauce
This sauce is best if refrigerated and used within three days.
Can You Freeze Cheese Sauce?
I love to freeze anything and everything, however sauces with sour cream and milk don’t freeze well, the consistency just isn’t the same when reheated.
Try These Next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
These easy cheese sauce has an unbeatable three-cheese combination and is so easy to prepare and serve with broccoli over baked potatoes!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup Monterey Jack grated
- ¾ cup Cheddar grated
- 6 oz. Velveeta cheese cubed
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ cup broccoli florets steamed
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Temper the milk by heating it for 30 seconds, then stir it into the pan along with the sour cream. Add the cheeses and stir to combine as it melts.
- Add the seasonings and stir until combined.
- Add the broccoli florets right to the cheese sauce, or add the broccoli to the potatoes and drizzle the cheese sauce on top.