This one pot mozzarella chicken pasta recipe takes just 30 minutes to make! The hint of creaminess in the marinara sauce really takes this easy dinner recipe to the next level!
Don’t forget a side of CHEESY Homemade Garlic Bread!
- Olive Oil
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Garlic- Always mince your own at home (don’t use the jarred stuff), the flavor is much better!
- Marinara Sauce- Rao’s marinara sauce is by far the best I’ve ever had.
- Red Pepper Flakes- Optional
- Chicken Broth
- Cream Cheese
- Basil Leaves
Reheating Leftover Pasta
I always have the best luck reheating refrigerated pasta in my dutch oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The dutch oven conducts the heat so well that it almost tastes as good as if you just made it fresh! It’s worth the dirty dish for the end result, the flavor and texting is much better than microwaving.
Storing Leftover Pasta
This pasta is best if eaten within 3 days of refrigeration.
Best Pastas for This Meal
Thick, tube-shaped pasta is best with this meal as it holds onto the sauce the best. Penne, Ziti, and Rigatoni are all great options!
Try These Next:
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
One Pot Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
- 1 lb. penne
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 25 oz. marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 12 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Heat the olive oil in a high walled skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and let it cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes to allow the first side to brown. Flip them to the other side and continue to cook until golden brown on both sides. Set the chicken aside.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan, scraping up any brown bits of chicken from the bottom. This will flavor the sauce. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the marinara sauce and stir in the cream cheese until combined. Add in the red pepper flakes and bring the sauce to a gentle bubble.
- Add the penne. Cover partially and allow it to gently simmer until cooked through. (See package for approximate time frame, usually it’s about 14 minutes.)
- Add the cooked chicken and mozzarella to the pasta dish and stir gently until the mozzarella is warm and melted. Top with the finely cut basil leaves, and serve!