One Pot Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
This one pot mozzarella pasta is loaded with diced chicken, pasta, and melted mozzarella, and is covered in a creamy marinara sauce and topped with fresh basil. All prepared in a single pot in 30 minutes flat!
Who doesn’t love a good one pot recipe? Especially when you can whip it up in 30 minutes. Recipes like this are a life saver during the week. And you should definitely splurge for some fresh basil if you can, and using high-quality marinara makes a huge difference too. I always spring for Rao’s Marinara Sauce, it’s worth the extra couple of bucks, I promise.
Reheating Leftover Pasta
I always have the best luck reheating refrigerated pasta in my dutch oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The dutch oven conducts the heat so well that it almost tastes as good as if you just made it fresh! It’s worth the dirty dish for the end result, the flavor and texting is much better than microwaving.
Storing Leftover Pasta
This pasta is best if eaten within 3 days of refrigeration.
Best Pastas for This Meal
Thick, tube-shaped pasta is best with this meal as it holds onto the sauce the best. Penne, Ziti, and Rigatoni are all great options!
Try These Next:
- One Pot Tomato Spinach Tortellini with Sausage
- Chicken Bacon Spinach Pasta
- Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with Chicken & Spinach
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
- 1 lb. penne
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 25 oz. marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cut into cubes
- 12 basil leaves chiffonade
Heat the olive oil in a high walled skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and let it cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes to allow the first side to brown. Flip them to the other side and continue to cook until golden brown on both sides. Set the chicken aside.
Add the chicken broth to the pan, scraping up any brown bits of chicken from the bottom. This will flavor the sauce. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the marinara sauce and stir in the cream cheese until combined. Add in the red pepper flakes and bring the sauce to a bubble.
- Add the penne and continue to boil until al dente (see package for exact timeframe, usually it’s about 14 minutes.)
Add the cooked chicken and mozzarella to the pasta dish and stir gently until the mozzarella is warm and melted. Top with the finely cut basil leaves, and serve!