Bananas, Blueberries, and Eggs are all you need to make these healthy and wholesome waffles! Top with whipped cream, fresh fruit, or syrup.
It’s true: you only need 3 ingredients for these banana blueberry waffles.
You can eat these without a shred of guilt, when you’re done you’ve satisfied your waffle craving, but you’ve really had a banana, and egg, and some blueberries. AMAZING I tell you! Yes. The waffle can be a little tricky to remove from the waffle iron. It’s much easier to let it sit in the iron after you turn off the heat to let it firm-up a bit more. If you do that, you’re golden. I used a knife to loosen up the edges and removed one triangle at a time.
You should also try these!
- Waffle Iron Hash Browns
- Grilled Avocado and Eggs
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake Bites
- Copycat IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes
For my latest Cozy Creations, Giveaways, and more, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, &Instagram! And signup to receive my latest recipes right to your inbox…it’s free
3-ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 5 Blueberries
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack the egg into a small mixing bowl and add the banana slices. Mash the banana and mix thoroughly with the egg. Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour into the waffle iron and close the lid. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Shut off heat. Let the waffle sit in the iron for a bit, it will get firmer upon standing and will be easier to remove. I used a knife to loosen around the edges, removing one waffle triangle at a time.
- Enjoy as-is or serve with butter and/or syrup!
Banana Health Benefits source: Health Ambition.com
Blueberry & Eggs Health Benefits source: whfoods.com
I just made the waffle for breakfast. Turned out great. I did let the waffle rest for a few minutes. I also used about 10 blueberries in the waffle. Yummy.
Sounds like a yummy breakfast! I’m so happy you enjoyed this, I’m due to make again soon. Thanks for reminding me!❤️
Hi can I use a toastie maker to bake my waffles in
Hi Maddison, that should work just fine! I haven’t tried it personally but I think you’ll be okay, just grease it well before adding the batter. Good luck!
How hot should the waffle maker be? Hi, low. med? Also, have you experimented with any other 3-ingredient waffles? Love this recipe, thanks
Hi Noel! I’d say medium is a good temperature! I haven’t tried other varieties but I think as long as you have the egg and the banana, you can throw another type of fruit instead of blueberry if you’d like! The egg and the banana help to hold it together! 🙂