My oh my oh my. Hot & creamy stews from the crock pot are the way to my haahhhht. (I felt like saying that with a Massachusetts accent. Forgive me.) And when you serve it with biscuits, whew-amazing. In fact I just gave this to the hubs and poured the stew right on top of the biscuits…
… and it’s gone. It’s just gone.
Seriously, did he just dump it on the floor?! How did it disappear that fast?!
I’ve been dipping biscuits into this stew all day while it’s been cooking in the crock pot. I’m a bad crock pot waiter… I always cheat. (I mean taste-test…I always taste-test.)
You can toss some peas, corn, and other veggies in here too. I love using whatever I have on hand. Going to the store is overrated. 😀
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped in half
- ¾ cup string beans
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 (10 ¾ oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Parsley flakes
- 5 slices Cooked, Crumbled bacon to garnish the top (optional)
- Melt the butter on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add all of the vegetables on top and stir to coat with the butter.
- Salt/Pepper the diced chicken as desired and add to the crock pot.
- Mix together the soup, milk, sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Pour on top of the chicken.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6.
- Sprinkle with parsley and crumbled bacon and serve, (preferably with biscuits!)