Baked Potato Slices
These baked potato slices are AMAZING, how have I not made this until now?! Every bite is filled with bacon and cheese, they’re easy to dip in sour cream, and make a great side dish with chicken, steak, or even a cheeseburger. It’s like a potato skin/potato chip combo- and who would be opposed to that? My hubs and I love to munch on these as a snack and leftovers are easy to reheat. I have a potato obsession, so these are one of my personal favs 😉 Enjoy!
- 2 large russet potato, cut into ½ inch slices.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into ½ inch slices a brush each side with oil, then sprinkle with salt.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes and then flip them over. Continue to cook until each side starts to brown, about 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and top each potato slice with bacon and cheese and place back in the oven until cheese melted, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with green onions, and serve with sour cream. Easy and scrumptious : )