This Sloppy Joe Casserole has ground beef and noodles smothered in a cheesy Manwich sauce with corn and diced tomatoes. Just prepare the filling in ONE POT, transfer to a casserole dish, top with cheese, and bake!
For a more traditional spin, try my Homemade Sloppy Joes recipe next!
Sloppy Joe Casserole
Guys, this recipe can’t get any better. It’s SO easy, made with pantry ingredients, budget-friendly, doubles as a ONE POT recipe, and can be made 3 days ahead of time. (Bonus: It also makes a great freezer meal.)
Are you sold?! Let’s get into it. First… the ingredients:
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instrucions.
- Ground beef
- Manwich Sauce
- Chicken Broth
- Diced Tomatoes
- Farfalle Pasta- or any other kind you have on hand, cooking time may need to be adjusted.
- Velveeta Cheese
- Corn– Frozen or drained from a can
- Cheddar Cheese– shredded from a block at home for best results.
How to Make Sloppy Joe Casserole
Brown ground beef, add diced onions. Drain excess grease.
Add Manwich sauce, undrained diced tomatoes, water, and chicken broth.
Bring to a gentle boil, add farfalle pasta. Gently boil for 15 minutes, until al dente.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in corn. Add cubed Velveeta, replace lid to allow it to melt. Use a silicone spatula to gently stir to combine.
PRO TIP: You can top the pasta with cheese and replace the lid until the cheese is melted and pasta is cooked to your liking. From here, you can serve it as a One Pot meal.
Otherwise, transfer to a casserole dish.
Top with cheese. Cover and bake at 375° F for 15 minutes. Serve!
One Pot Method
For an easy One Pot approach, don’t transfer to a casserole dish. Instead, sprinkle cheese on top of the pasta once it’s completely cooked through. Place the lid on top and allow the cheese to melt, then serve!
- Assemble the casserole and top with cheese. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Try These Next!
Be sure to check out all of my other casserole recipes!
Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 lb. ground beef, 85% lean
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 15.5 oz can Manwich sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, *not* drained
- ½ cup water
- ¾ pound farfalle pasta
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup corn, frozen or drained from a can
- 1 ½ cups cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Drain excess grease. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add liquids: Manwich sauce, chicken broth, undrained diced tomatoes, and water.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then add the pasta and stir to combine.
- Cover and let it boil gently for approximately 15 minutes, until al dente. You’ll want to add 3-4 extra minutes than indicated on the box since we are boiling gently.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the corn. Add the cubed Velveeta and place the cover on the pot to allow it to melt. Lift the cover and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove cover and serve!