Greek Salad with Homemade Feta Dressing
Okay, I know it’s the middle of winter here… but between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I just need a nice colorful salad already. My pants thinks so, and my taste buds agree. Time to switch things up a little bit. Although don’t get me wrong, cheese is still involved- let’s not go all crazy here. Don’t wanna shock my system or anything.
Now, this homemade Feta dressing is borderline drinkable. I just want to pour it into my mouth… glunk glunk glunk. Like a little lady. But drizzling it over a salad is more socially acceptable and is what will get you out of your holiday food coma. The combination of flavors in Greek salad is to die for too, those bright red tomatoes, red onions, green cumbers and lettuce, and dark purple Kalamata olives. It’s like a pretty little rainbow drizzled with tangy/sweet deliciousness. I even tossed in a little chicken for some extra protein, keeps you satisfied longer that way 😉
And while we’re talking homemade dressing, next up on your list should be my Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing– totally to die for.
I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, feta-filled New Year! (Did I really just wish you a feta-filled New Year…?) Okay Steph…. time to go…
- 1 heaping cup iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ⅛ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced Kalamata olives
- ½ cup chicken, cooked & diced (Tyson’s grilled & ready chicken is great if your pressed for time)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons homemade Feta Dressing
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4-5 pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add the onion mixture along with all of the other ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Toss desired amount of dressing with salad ingredients until well combined and serve chilled!
Salad Dressing Recipe Adapted from: Foodnetwork.com