Even just thinking about this savory Mississippi pot roast makes me beyond hungry- even if I’m full. And when you add mashed potatoes into the mix, you’ve got me right where you want me. Daaaahhh. This is comfort food at it’s best, a perfect Sunday meal that takes but a smidge of effort.
The thing that makes this pot roast so delicious, aside from the perfect combination of flavors, is the way it literally melts in your mouth. Honestly, you barely have to chew. Not only is it GREAT with mashed potatoes, (as previously mentioned), but it’s delicious in a sandwich too.
All it takes is a few ingredients and a crock pot.
All too often I think about how BUSY life is… we’ve got work, pets, kids, family, friends, appointments, laundry… and one of my favorites, eating. But just because we need to eat, doesn’t mean we always have time to cook. That’s why the crock pot is like having an extra person in the kitchen- all day long. Just simmering your meal, making sure it’s tender, juicy, warm, and flavorful. What a pal, huh?
…Do you know that just now, smack-dab in the middle of this post, I had to get up and get a plate of this? #CozyCookProblems.
Anyway, I also wanted to add that on top of everything else, this Mississippi Pot Roast is also a very economically-friendly meal… my husband and I each got 2 meals from this and we still had leftovers, (which, clearly I’ve decided to eat right now.)
- 3 lb pot roast (A chuck roast works great, a Rump/bottom round roast works well too)
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet Au Jus mix
- 6 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 stick butter
- Melt the butter and mix in the Au Jus and Ranch Dressing Mix. Add to the crock pot with the pepperoncini peppers and Pot Roast (no need to salt the pot roast prior)
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Pull apart with two forks and serve with potatoes or in a sandwich 🙂
Recipe Source: PlainChicken.com