Bacon Wrapped Chicken with White Sauce
My mom used to make this and it was, and still is, my FAVORITE. When learning how easy it was to make after eating it so many years growing up, I was SHOCKED. Just a few ingredients- I still can’t believe it. This is another one where I try to limit myself in how often I’m allowed to make it- once you eat it you’ll see what I mean, it really is the best. You’re about to discover a new favorite meal, take it from me!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 4 chicken breasts (pounded slightly if very thick)
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 cups frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare chicken/sauce: Sprinkle chicken with salt/pepper. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast. The bacon gives the sauce a GREAT flavor but if it happens that you don’t have bacon, you can enjoy this dish without.
- Prepare baked potatoes: Cut a slit on the top of each washed russet potato. I like to throw mine in the microwave on the ‘potato’ setting to give it a head start before place on oven. Otherwise, just put potatoes in oven 35 minutes prior to beginning rest of cooking process.
- Mix sour cream and cream of chicken soup together and pour in baking dish. Immerse the chicken in the sauce mixture. Cook (covered) for about 1 hour.
- Heat corn in microwave, (add butter and salt if you’d like!)
- Place chicken on serving plates along with baked potatoes and corn. Top Baked Potatoes and chicken with white sauce and enjoy!