Ramen Noodle General Tso’s Chicken
Crispy Chicken and Ramen Noodles are tossed in a restaurant-style General Tso’s Chicken sauce. The thick and glossy sauce is easy to make and tastes just like takeout!
Try my Chinese Chicken Fingers recipe next!
I love the thick, shiny, restaurant-style sauce in this recipe. Gone are the days of ordering General Tso’s Chicken whenever the craving strikes, now you can make it right at home!
Making this recipe with Ramen Noodle is quite, easy, and convenient. But you can always use Chow Mein Stir Fry Noodles instead!
General Tso Chicken Ingredients
- Garlic– it’s always most flavorful to mince fresh garlic yourself. (A garlic press makes it easy!)
- Soy Sauce
- White Vinegar
- White Wine
- Chicken Broth– Homemade is always best!
- Soy Sauce
- Green Onions
- Vegetable Oil
- Peanut Oil
- Ramen Noodles– (or Chow Mein stir fry noodles)
Try These Next!
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Sweet Cream Cheese Wontons
- Crispy Crab Rangoon
- Ramen Noodle Chicken Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
- Turkey Ramen Noodle Soup
Did You Make This Recipe?
I would love for you to leave a rating and a comment below! How’d you do?! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ramen Noodle General Tso's Chicken
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup chopped green onions, diced
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut oil, Can sub vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 oz. Ramen Noodles
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1.5 tsp garlic minced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 14.5 oz. chicken broth
- First, combine the ingredients for the sauce, (easiest to do this in a *large* jar and shake!), but you can also use a bowl. Set the sauce aside for now.
Coat the chicken and Fry:
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken coating ingredients together, they will form a very thick paste, with a rather weird texture. Fear not!
- Drop the chicken pieces into the coating mixture and mix around so that each piece is well coated. Now, we fry them!
- Heat the oil to about 365 degrees in a deep fryer and gently drop in each piece of chicken, cook until golden brown, and use a slotted spoon to remove the pieces. To make them extra crispy, place them on a wire rack (lined a pan on the bottom for the oil to drip on). You can also place them on plates lined with paper towels.
To fry the chicken on the stovetop
- Fill a dutch oven or high walled skillet with enough oil to submerge the chicken, and heat the oil over medium-high heat (About 365 degrees, which you can test with a candy thermometer). You can also test the temperature by adding a single piece of battered chicken, and adjust the temperature accordingly depending on how that piece cooks.
- Carefully add the chicken to the oil and fry until golden brown, and use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Heat the Sauce & Finish the meal:
- In a large sauté pan over medium high, heat 3 Tablespoons of peanut (or vegetable) oil and add the broccoli, cook for about 5 minutes to soften them up.
- While the broccoli is cooking, cook the Ramen Noodles in 2 cups of boiling water for no longer than 1.5-2 minutes, then drain. (Don't use the flavor packet.)
- Add the sauce mixture to the skillet along with the green onions, and bring it to a boil. It will thicken right up, make sure you stir it constantly.
- Cook the sauce until it's reached your desired level of thickness (it gets very thick), then stir in the chicken, green onions, and ramen. Remove from heat, and serve!
Recipe Adapted from: Food.com