One Pot Pizza Pasta
Aside from the fact that one pot recipes are just my JAM, I love that this Pizza Pasta is an easy way to jazz-up a regular pasta dish. I mean, pasta and meatballs are a classic, but it does get old now and then, and this is the perfect solution! It’s like I tricked my husband into thinking I had a brand new recipe in our weekly lineup 😉 BAHAHA. Fooled you. All it took was some pepperoni and a little melted cheese 😉
Any kind of pasta will do for this meal, I happened to choose rigatoni because I had a massive box of it that I needed to get rid of. But we love having this with regular spaghetti, Rotini, Penne, you name it!
And better yet, you can definitely experiment with your favorite pizza toppings. I stuck to balls of Italian sausage on the inside and topped it with classic pepperoni, but you can absolutely add in some bell peppers, onions, ground beef, even toss in some black olives 😉 (YUM.) When it comes to this meal, it’s all about being creative 😉
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spicy Italian sausage casing removed (Can sub ground beef)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices divided
- 15 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large, high walled skillet.
- Add the Italian Sausage and crumble it as it cooks.
- Once browned, drain any exces grease from the pot & stir in half of the pepperoni.
- Mix in the marinara sauce, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Add 1.5 cups water and mix in the rigatoni.
- Increase the heat to medium high and stir the pasta occassionally as it cooks. Use the pasta box as a guide and cook until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and turn the oven on a high broil setting.
- Top the pasta with the mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/2 cup of pepperoni.
- Place the pot (uncovered) in the oven, until the cheese is hot & melty, this takes just a couple of minutes.