One Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Juicy chicken and savory dumplings smothered in a creamy sauce with your favorite vegetables, all made in one pot!
Love one pot recipes? Try this One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta next!
This one pot Chicken and Dumpling recipe came from a reader’s suggestion, (I love hearing your ideas)!
It’s so comforting and creamy, and with only One Pot to clean up after dinner?! I’m sold!
You can experiment with the vegetables that you add to it, and it would also be a fabulous way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken! (I hate letting those go to waste. This Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup is another great recipe for that.)
Try These Next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 6 Tablespoons flour separated
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter separated
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup white wine Chardonnay or Pino Grigio work well
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- ½ cup frozen green beans
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch Thyme
- 1 pinch Rosemary
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups Bisquick mix
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- Sprinkle the cubed chicken with salt and pepper and toss & cover evenly with 3 Tablespoons flour.
- Heat the oil and one Tablespoon of the butter over medium heat in a high-walled sauté pan, then add chicken, cooking until golden, about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally so each side of the chicken gets cooked.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Melt the second Tablespoon of butter and add the diced onions. Cook until translucent and soft. Add the garlic and remaining 3 Tablespoons of flour and mix.
- Add the white wine, chicken broth, water, carrots, peas, and string beans. Cook for another 15 minutes or so.
- Add in the cream, return the chicken to the pan, and mix in the seasonings. Add additional salt/pepper to taste if desired and bring to a light bubble.
- Combine all dumpling ingredients thoroughly. Drop Tablespoon-sized balls into the bubbling pot.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, delicately turning over the dumplings so that they cook on each side.
- Once the pot has thickened and the liquid has reduced, you’re ready to eat!