BBQ Chicken Pizza
This BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe is easy to throw together for an easy weeknight dinner or for watching the game with friends. The topping combinations are endless!
Pizza night is totally the secret weapon for busy families. The toppings are easy to customize, it’s something the family can make together, and it takes just 30 minutes to prepare and bake!
Be sure to check out the topping options I listed later in this post; there are so many ways to make this BBQ chicken pizza your own and your family will love it.
The Best BBQ Sauce
So, let’s talk about the key component to BBQ Chicken Pizza. The BBQ Sauce. I’m a huge huge fan of KC Masterpiece (who isn’t?), but have you tried the NEW KC Masterpiece® 816 Original BBQ Sauce yet?!
There are 3 flavor options: Original, Hot, and Sweet. I love them all. They’re great for grilling, dipping, and tailgating, and the handy easy to squeeze bottles are super convenient.
Toppings for BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza is fun to customize with different toppings – all easy to grab at Walmart
Aside from the banana peppers that we used in this recipe, you could also add:
- Red Onions
- Blue Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Bell Peppers
- Caramelized Onions
- Fresh Arugla (After baking at the end)
How to Shred Chicken
- Season the chicken generously with salt.
- Place in a pot and cover with 1 inch of water.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil, then reduce to a simmer for 8 – 16 minutes. This depends on the thickness of your chicken. Try not to overcook it to avoid it becoming dry.
- The chicken is done when the center reads 165 degrees. The middle will also be cooked through and no longer pink.
- Drain, let it cool for 5 minutes or so, and use two forks to shred it into bite-sized pieces. You can also shred it with a hand mixer.
Ideal Temperature for Pizza Dough
Pizza dough should be between 65-75 degrees so that you can spread it out easily. Refrigerated pizza dough taken right from the fridge won’t roll out well.
Conversely, don’t let the dough get too warm or it will over-proof—thus becoming thin and flat when baked.
Try These Next!
- Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- Copycat Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Fruit Pizza
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough, at room temperature*
- 1 ½ cups shredded chicken, (see blog post for how to make shredded chicken)
- 1 ½ cups KC Masterpiece® 816 Original BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup banana peppers, sliced and patted dry
- 1 ½ cups low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Gouda cheese, shredded**
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, (optional)
- Freshly cracker pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each one out on a floured surface.
- Place onto two (10-incpizza pans and use your hands to finish spreading evenly over the pan.
- Toss the shredded chicken into ¾ cup of BBQ Sauce and set aside.
- Spread the remaining BBQ sauce over the pizza crust.
- Distribute the chicken and banana peppers over each pizza. Top with cheese.
- Add the pinch of red pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust begins to brown.
- Let it cool for 2 minutes prior to slicing and serving. Enjoy!