Chicken Noodle Casserole
This Chicken Noodle Casserole is easy to make with canned soup or with my homemade cream of mushroom! It's got a delicious cheese sauce with sour cream, broccoli, and juicy chicken.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Season the chicken with 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp. garlic salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
Toss the chicken and add the broccoli. Cook for 3-4 additional minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
Cook the rotini for 1 minute less than al dente, refer to package for cooking time.
Meanwhile, add the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, and 2 cups sharp white cheddar to the pot with the chicken & broccoli. Stir to combine.
Drain the pasta and add it to the pot. Use a silicone spatula to gently mix until combined.
If the pot isn't oven safe, transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and add the pasta mixture.
Top with 1 cup regular cheddar. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove cover and add crispy fried onions. Bake uncovered for 8 minutes. Serve with Garlic Bread with Cheese.
Using Frozen Broccoli
- Using a 16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli can also be used. Just be sure you thaw and pat it dry!
- Frozen broccoli is already blanched so there's no need to cook it in the pot with the chicken unless you prefer very soft broccoli.
- Frozen peas, green beans, or carrots make a great addition too. Thaw them out prior to baking or increase covered baking time by 5-7 minutes.
Make Ahead Method
- Follow assembly instructions and let the casserole completely cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Add 15 minutes to covered baking time.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 667kcal, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 31g, Fat: 45g, Saturated Fat: 22g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 119mg, Sodium: 1155mg, Potassium: 455mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1096IU, Vitamin C: 28mg, Calcium: 506mg, Iron: 2mg