Creamy Ranch Chicken
This Ranch Chicken recipe is an easy skillet meal with a delicious cream sauce and zesty Ranch seasoning. Serve it with a side of vegetables and warm baked potatoes!
Season/Sear the Chicken:
Slice the chicken into 2-3 thinner slices. Pound with a meat tenderizer if needed, the chicken will plump up more when cooked. Aim for ½ inch thick slices.
Sprinkle each side of the chicken with Italian seasoning and salt/pepper. Brush one side of each piece with melted butter, make sure the butter isn’t too hot.
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 pieces of chicken, (buttered side down), leaving room around each. Sauté for 4-5 minutes per side, until a golden brown crust has developed. Remove and set aside. Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces of chicken.
Pro Tips: Make slight adjustments to the heat, (up or down), as needed during cooking. Add an additional splash of oil if needed throughout cooking. Try to leave the chicken undisturbed as it cooks to get a nice crusty sear. Don’t force it up from the pan, it will release when the crust has formed.
Make the Sauce
Remove excess oil from the pot and wipe away any black spots, a little bit of brown leftover is fine, it will add more flavor.
Add all of the sauce ingredients to the pot over medium heat. Stir until combined. Let it bubble gently and reduce for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and spoon the sauce on top.
Cover the skillet partially and let the chicken heat through and absorb the flavors from the sauce, about 10 minutes.
Optional: Serve with baked potatoes and spoon the sauce over each potato, (it is SO good that way)!
- For even more indulgence, top the chicken and/or the baked potatoes with cheese and allow it to melt prior to serving.
- Crispy crumbled bacon is also great on top.
- Frozen vegetables can be mixed into the sauce as well. Add them when you add the other sauce ingredients and give them sufficient time to heat through, then add the chicken.
- If using smaller chicken breasts, consider using 3-4 instead of 2 large.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- It does freeze well, you can freeze baked potatoes with it as well as a side of veggies for easy microwavable lunches or dinners.
Calories: 501kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 39g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 104mg, Sodium: 1593mg, Potassium: 465mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 938IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 199mg, Iron: 2mg