Paula Deen's Macaroni and Cheese recipe will be the creamiest you've ever tried! It's so easy to throw together in the Crock Pot or in the oven and it'll leave everyone wanting more
Make-Ahead Method For Baked OR Crock Pot Mac and Cheese:
- Cook the Pasta no more than Al Dente.
- Immediately rinse the cooked pasta with cold water to halt the cooking process and rid it of extra starch.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a saucepan and whisk together over medium heat until well-combined and smooth. Let it cool until it's just warm to the touch.
- Combine the cooled macaroni and sauce.
Store in the fridge for up to two days, covered.
- Add it to a casserole dish or Crock Pot and proceed as instructed. Note that you may have to cook it a tad longer since its starting off cold.
Storing Leftover Mac and Cheese:
- Leftover macaroni and cheese should be refrigerated and eaten within three days.
Freezing Leftover Mac and Cheese:
- Leftover mac and cheese should be stored in labeled airtight containers in the freezer and is best if used within three months.
- I create portion-sized foil packets and place those in labeled freezer bags.
- To reheat: Pop them in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or so, depending on how much you're reheating.