Beef and Noodles
Beef and Noodles is an easy recipe that can be made with ground beef or beef tips in a creamy brown gravy with cream of mushroom soup and egg noodles.
Prep Work: Combine beef broth, chicken bouillon, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, and thyme. Set aside.
Cook the Beef and Onions: Cook the ground beef and onions over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Drain grease. Add minced garlic and season lightly with salt (if desired) and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove meat and set aside on a plate.
Begin Boiling Pasta Water: Begin boiling salted water for the egg noodles and cook the noodles according to package instructions once the boil is reached, then drain.
Make the Roux: Melt butter over medium heat in the same pan that you cooked the meat in. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk for 2 minutes or until you can no longer smell flour and it begins to brown
Add the Beef Broth mixture: Add about ½ cup of the beef broth mixture and let it come to a gentle boil. Add the remaining broth in splashes, stirring continuously. Do this slowly to keep the mixture nice and thick. Let it boil gently and reduce while the pasta boils, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the cream and cream of mushroom soup.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, then add the beef back.
Add the cooked noodles and stir to combine. Note: If you like saucier pasta, you don’t have to add in all of the noodles.
Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing. Serve!
- Different cuts of beef can be used for this recipe. Sirloin, Flank, Ribeye, and Tenderloin are more tender cuts of meat that are better for cooking on the Stove Top.
- Mushrooms make a nice addition to this meal, I prefer to sauté them in a separate pan and stir them in at the end.
- Frozen vegetables can be added towards the end as well.
- To control the sodium in this recipe, consider using low sodium broth/soy sauce. The bouillon can be omitted as well, (although it does add a great depth of flavor).
- Shred the cheese from a block instead of using bagged shredded cheese. It melts and tastes much better.
Calories: 460kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 30g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 140mg, Sodium: 774mg, Potassium: 431mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 856IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 315mg, Iron: 3mg