This hearty skillet lasagna recipe is easy to make with Campanelle or Bowtie pasta in a single skillet on the stove top! It has all of the flavor of classic lasagna, but a fraction of the work! You’ll love this easy ground beef recipe.
Preheat oven to 500.
Cook and crumble the ground beef and sausage over medium heat. Add the onions halfway through and cook until softened. Drain grease.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, 1 Tbsp. tomato paste, and 3 Tbsp. flour. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes to remove raw flour taste.
Add beef broth and use a silicone spatula to clean the bottom and sides of the pot.
Add the tomato sauce. Bring a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer.
Mix in the Ricotta cheese until combined.
Start boiling water for the pasta. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or per package instructions.
Add drained pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.
Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch casserole dish if your skillet is not oven safe.
Top with mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered until cheese is melted and begins to brown, 8-10 minutes, watch is closely.
Garnish with parsley and serve with garlic bread with cheese.
- This recipe uses a combination of ground beef and ground sausage, but all ground beef or all sausage can be used if needed, although I love using both.
- Sautéed mushrooms make a nice addition to this meal, I like to sauté them until golden in a separate skillet and mix them in at the end when the pasta is added.
- Chicken broth can be used instead of beef broth if needed.
- Cottage cheese can be used instead of Ricotta.
- I love using Campanelle pasta for this recipe but bowtie pasta is a great substitute.
- I use Hunts Tomato Sauce for this recipe.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 532kcal, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 1413mg, Potassium: 721mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 810IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 324mg, Iron: 4mg