This corn dip is loaded with cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon, ranch, and more! Serve it with tortilla chips, fritos, or vegetables for dipping!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over low heat until crispy on each side. Remove and place on paper towels. Crumble the bacon once cooled.
Leave the bacon drippings in the pan.
While the bacon cooks, use a sharp knife and carefully cut the kernels off the corn. Propping the corn on a bundt pan makes it easy to hold the corn and catch the kernels.
Increase heat to medium-high and add the corn to the bacon drippings. Sauté for about 10 minutes, adding butter as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the garlic, red onion, and peppers to the skillet over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, Ranch Seasoning, HALF of the cheeses, and diced green onion.
Add the softened vegetables and seasoned corn, stir to combine.
Transfer to a baking dish. I use my (oven-safe) 12-inch enamel cast iron skillet to prepare the whole recipe which is also an option.
Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, uncovered. Add the crumbled bacon and cook for 5 more minutes.
Garnish with additional green onions and serve.
Pro Tip: Prepare the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet that you can also use to bake the dip in.
Using Frozen or Canned Corn
- If fresh corn is not available to you, use 3 cups frozen corn or 2 (15 oz.) cans of canned corn.
- I recommend using fresh corn if possible as the natural sugars release when you sauté it which creates a fresh, caramelized flavor and richer color.
Crock Pot Method
- Prepare dip as outlined, transfer to the Crock Pot and top with reserved cheese cheese.
- Heat on low for 2 hours.
- Top with bacon and heat for 5-10 more minutes. Serve!
- Prepare the dip, transfer to baking dish, and top with cheese. Store crumbled bacon in a Ziploc bag.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Add 10 extra minutes of baking time, covered.
Calories: 521kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 42g, Saturated Fat: 23g, Cholesterol: 116mg, Sodium: 563mg, Potassium: 472mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 1963IU, Vitamin C: 39mg, Calcium: 348mg, Iron: 1mg