Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
This Hashbrown Casserole tastes just like the Cracker Barrel version and is so easy to throw together and serve with breakfast, or even dinner. (Plus, leftovers are freezer friendly!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Ensure that your hash browns have thawed. (Otherwise they take a very long time to bake.) You can defrost them in the microwave to speed up this process.
Pat them dry of excess water.
Set ½ cup of cheddar cheese aside.
Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Place it in a greased 9x13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 35 minutes, uncovered.
Increase heat to 375 and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the top begins to crisp and brown slightly.
Remove from the oven, let it sit for 10 minutes, and serve!
*They only have 28 oz. bags at my grocery store, so I use that and leave everything else the same. Frozen Cubed Hash Browns may also be used.
Crock Pot Method
- Assemble as indicated in recipe, reserving some of the cheese to top it with. Place in a lightly greased Crock Pot.
- Heat on low for 4-5 hours or high for 3+1/2.
- Top with cheese, cover until melted, then serve.
You can assemble this casserole the night before and store it in the fridge overnight, just be sure that your hash browns are thawed and patted dry when you combine them with the other ingredients.
- Leftovers should be refrigerated in an airtight container and are best if use 25 minutes or more, depending on portion size.
- You can also freeze leftovers, they're best if used within 3 months.
- To reheat, let it defrost in the refrigerator and bake it in a 350° oven, covered, for 25-30 minutes.
Calories: 664kcal, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 48g, Saturated Fat: 22g, Cholesterol: 92mg, Sodium: 971mg, Potassium: 799mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1060IU, Vitamin C: 16.3mg, Calcium: 294mg, Iron: 1.3mg