Paula Deen's Corn Casserole
This easy corn casserole recipe from Paula Deen requires a box of Jiffy mix and 5 other simple ingredients! Make it up to two days ahead of time before baking in the oven!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Be sure to drain the whole kernel corn first.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Top with grated cheddar. Cover and and bake for 50 minutes.
Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the top begins to brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes prior to serving.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Be sure to drain the whole kernel corn first. Add it to a lightly greased Crock Pot.
Top with shredded cheddar. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4.
Ensure the center is firm and set prior to serving.
When ready to serve:
- Don't add the grated cheese until you're ready to serve it.
- Combine all other ingredients and place in casserole dish.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, let it cool, and refrigerate.
- Add the shredded cheese, cover it, and bake it at 300 degrees for 10 minutes to warm it up.
- Bake again, uncovered at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Crock Pot Method:
- Assemble in the Crock Pot as you would a casserole dish
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4.
- Ensure the center is set prior to serving.
Calories: 410kcal, Carbohydrates: 49g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 772mg, Potassium: 291mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 520IU, Vitamin C: 4.8mg, Calcium: 201mg, Iron: 1.6mg