Creamy Sausage Pasta
This Creamy Sausage Pasta recipe has a cream cheese and Parmesan blend with roasted red peppers, sweet or spicy Italian sausage, spinach, and your choice of pasta!
Combine the chicken broth, mustard powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning and set aside.
Measure out additional ingredients before beginning.
Cut the sausage into 1/2-inch thick slices. Heat 6 tablespoons water over medium heat in a large, high-walled skillet. Add the sausage. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove lid and increase heat slightly, cook until browned, 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Carefully drain excess grease from pan but leave brown remnants. Add the white wine, tomato paste, and garlic to the pan and set to medium heat. Use a silicone spatula to “clean” the bottom of the pot. Let it bubble gently until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and seasonings. Stir in the heavy cream. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the roasted red peppers and stir in the softened cream cheese.
Let the sauce bubble gently while you boil the pasta to al dente. Don’t overcook. Drain once cooked.
Reduce sauce heat to low. Gradually sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously to incorporate. Add the spinach and the sausage along with any juices from the plate. Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine.
Garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes and serve.
- Wine: Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay are great in this recipe. Chicken broth can be used instead of wine if needed.
- I use Premio Sweet Italian Sausage links in this recipe. Spicy sausage links or ground sausage can also be used if preferred.
- Diced tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes can be used instead of roasted red peppers.
- Kale can also be used instead of spinach, add it to the sauce when the pasta is about halfway cooked through, it will need longer to heat through.
- I used Colavita Rigatoni for this recipe, but any kind of pasta can be used in this recipe.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 685kcal, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 49g, Saturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 141mg, Sodium: 1456mg, Potassium: 519mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 1857IU, Vitamin C: 23mg, Calcium: 249mg, Iron: 2mg