These Roasted Tomatoes are easy to make in just 30 minutes with any variety of garden tomatoes that you have! Serve them with mozzarella, feta, Parmesan, basil, oregano, and more!
- 2-3 pounds tomatoes, Roma, Campari, and other vine ripened varieties
- 4-5 whole garlic cloves
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil, high quality.
- Kosher salt/Freshly cracked pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Wash tomatoes and pat completely dry. Cut into halves or quarters of equal size. Arrange on a baking sheet along with the garlic cloves.
Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper. Use your hands to toss to coat.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove and serve with basil, mozzarella, crumbled Feta, Parmesan, etc.
- Add whole garlic cloves (not minced), to ensure that they don't burn. They don't have to be peeled. When they come out of the oven, they're easy to smash with a spoon and swirl into the olive oil, which adds great flavor to the tomatoes.
- Use high quality olive oil for best results. I love Sky Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- A light drizzle of balsamic vinegar may also be used in this recipe.
- I use a light baking sheet for these. A dark baking sheet will attract more heat so baking time may need to be reduced, check on them after 20 minutes or so by popping on the oven light.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Do not store with cheese, only add cheese to the tomatoes you plan on eating/serving.
- They can also be diced and frozen and used in place of canned tomatoes in recipes.
What to Do With Roasted Tomatoes
- Roasted tomatoes are delicious in homemade salsa, tomato soup, or marinara sauce.
- Serve them with any of the following: mozzarella cheese, crumbled feta, grated Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, or freshly squeezed lemon.
- They taste great over a slice of sourdough bread or French bread.
Calories: 51kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 8mg, Potassium: 366mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1260IU, Vitamin C: 21mg, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg