Zucchini Crust Pizza
Servings: 8 slices
Prep Time: 5 minutes mins
Cook Time: 45 minutes mins
Total Time: 50 minutes mins
Zucchini Crust Pizza is the BEST low carb recipe to make with fresh garden zucchini and your favorite pizza toppings. This recipe works well with almond flour, all-purpose flour, and coconut flour.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, see notes
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni
Preheat oven to 350°. Spread the shredded zucchini out on a lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and transfer the zucchini to paper towels or a cheesecloth.
Increase oven temperature to 450°.
Squeeze out as much additional moisture from the zucchini as possible. Add it to a large bowl along with the whisked eggs.
Sprinkle the flour in gradually, stirring to incorporate. Continue to add flour until desired consistency is obtained. (I use the entire ½ cup for all-purpose flour.)
Spread out onto a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan, leaving 1-inch or so around the edges.
Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and bake for 18 minutes, until it begins to brown slightly. Remove from oven.
Reduce heat to 400°.
If possible, let the crust cool for extra crispy results.
Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni (or desired pizza toppings). Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top with parsley, red pepper flakes, and/or grated Parmesan cheese and serve!
- Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, and Whole Wheat Flour may also be used.
- I recommend using a light colored pizza pan or a pizza stone for this recipe. Dark pans absorb more heat and therefore will likely require less baking time.
- Be sure to try my Homemade Pizza recipe with a restaurant-quality homemade crust!
- Bake the crust, let cool completely. Wrap it in foil and freeze.
- To serve, add toppings and bake while still frozen at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
The nutritional information is an estimate and is per slice. This recipe makes 8 slices.
Calories: 135kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 79mg, Sodium: 357mg, Potassium: 170mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 326IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 134mg, Iron: 1mg
Course: Main Course