This oven-baked Pizza Dip is layered with simple ingredients like cream cheese, sour cream, marinara sauce, pepperoni, and cheese! It makes a GREAT appetizer recipe that you can make ahead of time.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Ideally, the sour cream shouldn’t be cold when it goes into the oven to maintain a smooth consistency. Spread on the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate, baking pan, or cast iron skillet.
Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce on top, then add the Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
Add pepperoni or desired pizza toppings.
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until the top begins to brown.
Optional: Garnish with additional red pepper flakes, freshly ground pepper, and roughly chopped parsley.
Serve with crusty bread, pita/tortilla/bagel chips, or vegetables.
- Assemble the dip as outlined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days prior to baking.
- When ready to bake, let it sit out for 20-25 minutes. Then bake as outlined.
- I recommend that you grate the Parmesan and shred the mozzarella from a block for best taste and consistency.
- I love using Rao’s marinara sauce or my homemade marinara for this recipe.
- Additional topping options for this dip include sausage, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers, onions, sliced tomatoes, beef, ham, pineapple, feta, and more!
- Sour Cream substitutes include mayo, plain Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese.
Calories: 238kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 515mg, Potassium: 252mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 913IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 128mg, Iron: 1mg